Digital Media Specialist
As a member of the Office of the Vice Provost for Teaching and Learning, the Digital Media Specialist works with others on the Technical Operations team to lead and support the production process of capturing academic sessions for Stanford University. The Digital Media Specialist sets up, operates, and maintains video production and instructional technology equipment used to produce content which is delivered to students both locally and at a distance. This position interacts regularly with faculty, teaching assistants, staff, and students by providing technical support and best practices to ensure proper use of classroom technology.
This is a two-year fixed-term position.
- Operate video production and instructional technology equipment to capture academic content
- Setup and operate remote/field video production equipment
- Act as Producer for remote/field productions. Perform pre-production duties (ex: location scout, meet with client, etc), oversee transportation of equipment, ensure proper setup and operation of equipment
- Monitor production quality and technical performance of student staff. Provide operational and technical support as needed
- Interact with faculty, teaching assistants, guest speakers, staff, and clients to provide technical consultation and best practices
- Set up, operate and troubleshoot on a variety of equipment including but not limited to; laptops, video cameras, remote camera controls, video switchers, audio mixers, microphones, waveform/vectorscope monitors, audio meters, video projection, and video conferencing. Provide training and instruction when necessary
- Ensure proper operation of video production and instructional technology equipment by student staff and room users. Provide training and instruction when necessary
- Act as liaison with vendors and contractors for technical service calls
- Prepare, test, maintain, and troubleshoot video production, instructional technology, and classroom equipment to ensure proper operation. Perform repairs and cleaning where necessary
* - Other duties may also be assigned
Education & Experience:
Bachelor's degree and two years of relevant experience or combination of education and relevant experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor's degree and three years of relevant experience or combination of education and relevant professional video production experience (live production, camera operation, multi-camera switchers, lighting, audio mixing boards, computerized routing/switching systems, etc)
- Minimum of one year’s experience in setup and operation of audiovisual/instructional media (digital/video projectors, audio systems, computer presentation applications, etc)
- Demonstrated technical experience using production equipment including field and studio cameras, sound, lighting equipment, and editing
- Experience with video engineering, equipment installation, maintenance, and repair
- Strong knowledge in production techniques including shot composition and directing
- Experience with live streaming events.
- Ability to set-up, breakdown and carry equipment to and from classrooms and other production sites
- Understanding of online video environment and online distribution
- Understanding of instructional design principles utilized in instructional videos
- Ability to adapt equipment setup and provide alternative setup or workarounds if necessary
- Experience working on multiple projects concurrently
- Good interpersonal skills, judgment, and diplomacy required to interact effectively with and provide customer service to a broad audience. Positive service-oriented attitude that is sensitive to faculty needs and expectations
- Ability to work independently as well as effectively in a collaborative team environment.
- Effective time management skills.
- Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of the job
Job Code: 4221
Employee Status: Fixed-Term
Requisition ID: 83453