Greenwich Research & Enterprise
Location: University of Greenwich Campuses and Off site
Salary: £39,610 to £48,676 per annum
Part Time Hours: 0.6 FTE - 21 hours
Contract Type: Fixed Term - 8 Months
Closing Date: Friday 21 June 2019
Interview Date: To be confirmed
This post offers an opportunity to play a key role in the Innovate UK funded Innovate 2 Succeed (i2s) project team which will deliver specialist advice, consultancy and business support to eligible clients to help them achieve their innovation and internationalisation based growth objectives.
The role holder will be expected to identify suitable SMEs, to undertake in depth analyses and diagnostic assessments with them and to design and deliver bespoke packages of support in line with the i2s project requirements.
Specifically the role holder will confidently manage and deliver client support programmes to include amongst other elements:
- Use of diagnostic tools to produce a rigorous benchmark of innovation management capacity, together with the ability to interpret results and feed back to the business.
- Facilitated exploration of markets, resources, and competition.
- Facilitated exploration of how the company fosters creativity, and how and where ideas are generated and captured.
- Facilitated exploration of how effective the company is at collaboration within the organisation and with external partners and customers.
- Assessment of staff skills and learning needs for business development through innovation, identifying training and CPD programmes as potential solutions.
- Exploration with the company of the alternative forms of finance available and review as to which are most appropriate for the stage the company is at.
- Review of the intellectual property management strategy.
- Review of the use and effectiveness of all forms of electronic communication for internal purposes and external marketing including the use of social media.
Occasional travel in the UK will be involved.
The post is available initially until 31 March 2020
Should you have any queries please contact the HR Recruitment Team on HR-Recruitment@gre.ac.uk
We aim to be an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all sections of the community.