Post Doctoral Fellow, Chemical Engineering
Organization Name Chemical Engineering
The newly-established Khalifa University of Science and Technology combines the Masdar Institute of Science and Technology (MI), Khalifa University of Science, Technology and Research (KUSTAR), and the Petroleum Institute (PI) into one world-class, research-intensive institution, seamlessly integrating research and education to produce world leaders and critical thinkers in applied science and engineering.
To provide high quality research support and undertake internationally competitive research aimed at publication thereby contributing to the academic and research mission of the University. Since the Postdoctoral, experience is transitional to becoming an independent researcher or faculty member, the Postdoctoral tries their best to acquire the varied skills necessary to advance their career with guidance from the advisor. These skills include, but are not limited to, the ability to present research plans and findings in a convincing style, both in oral and written modes of communication, the ability to understand research group management and supervision of others, the ability to establish contacts and network with colleagues pursuing a similar research agenda, the ability to organize and teach a class or a course if more inclined towards a teaching career.
- Develop his/her research and career path
- Interface with external researchers/scientists on other groups
- Perform the research required to a high standard and in accordance with University regulations
- Work in a cooperative manner with the faculty supervisor and other co-workers.
- Assists the faculty and any other related project external collaborators in planning and designing research experiments
- Engage in writing related project reports
- Help with grant writing, budgeting, lab management, reviewing papers and mentoring students
- Plan and conduct the experimental work in the lab relating to assigned research project
- Perform statistical analyses, including selecting the appropriate analysis procedure, setting up data for analysis, judging validity and reliability of data and producing written reports on the result of the analyses
- Uses available technologies to facilitate the success of the project
- Operates equipment
- PhD Degree in Engineering
- Previous related research work in the field of Biochemical Engineering and wastes valorization
- Applicants should have a good experience in wet labs work, samples characterization and wastes valorization. He/she should have also the knowledge of using statistical tools in designing experiments.
How To Apply
- Research Interest Statement
- 3 professional references.
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team (RecruitmentTeam@ku.ac.ae)?
Apply for Post Doctoral Fellow, Chemical Engineering
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly