The Stanford School of Earth, Energy & Environmental Sciences (SE3) develops the knowledge and talent to understand the workings of the planet and to help solve resource and environmental challenges. The Department of Geophysics teaching and research focus on earthquakes, volcanoes, environmental hazards, energy, freshwater resources, and Earth's structure and geodynamics.
The Geophysics Department is seeking a Program Manager to provide financial and operational leadership to multiple affiliates programs and research groups. The Program Manager is an essential member of these groups and provides shared vision, strategy, management and supervision, and interact with diverse groups on campus, external institutions, affiliates, and collaborators. The position will report to the Director of Finance and Operations. The ideal candidate will demonstrate critical thinking, creative problem solving, and enthusiasm for working with a diverse team in a collegiate and productive manner.
Your Responsibilities will include:
- Lead the planning and operations for programs that have significant business, regulatory and/or technical challenges requiring subject matter expertise.
- Develop and/or oversee budgets; manage finances including monitoring, analyzing, forecasting, and reporting.
- Evaluate programs or functions, policies and procedures. Identify issues and develop alternative solutions which may include changes to programs, policies and procedures.
- Manage grants and contracts ensuring compliance with institutional and external requirements.
- Manage affiliate programs and their relationships with affiliate companies, including: development of advertisement material, negotiation of affiliate agreements, invoicing, follow-up of late payments with possible escalation to program director(s).
- Review and analyze trends in industry to advise and develop recommendations to achieve or modify the goals of the program.
- Represent the program at the university level and/or to external/internal stakeholders and constituencies.
- Manage and contribute to the development of outreach strategy that may include relationship development, communications and compliance.
- Organize events of moderate size/complexity including planning, scheduling, tracking, and budgeting.
- Maintain websites.
* Other duties may also be assigned
To be successful in this position, you will need:
Education & Experience:
Bachelor’s degree and five years of relevant experience, or combination of education and relevant experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to establish priorities, manage shifting priorities, and handle numerous time-sensitive projects with multiple deadlines.
- Ability to accomplish goals working through formal and informal channels, with diplomacy and tactfulness.
- Demonstrated solid planning and organizational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- In addition, our preferred requirements include:
- Demonstrated project management experience.
- Demonstrated diplomacy, influence, relationship building, and problem-solving skills in a variety of situations.
- Ability to interact and successfully collaborate with a broad spectrum of contributing groups and customers.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
* Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
How to Apply:
We invite you to apply for this position by clicking on the “Apply for Job” button. To be considered, please submit a cover letter and résumé along with your online application.
Stanford is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Stanford welcomes applications from all who would bring additional dimensions to the University’s research, teaching and clinical missions.
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4122
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: J
- Requisition ID: 83416