Food Service Worker
Pay Range A60/A08
Job Code 7285/7300
Work Schedule Varies
Reports to General Manager
Summary of Position
Responsibilities of the dishwasher include setting up, operating and breaking down dish machine, bussing and scraping trays and storing clean dishes and silverware. If assigned in pot washer area duties would include setting up, operating and breaking down pot sink, cleaning pots and kitchen supplies and putting away clean items. Other duties include general maintenance of building. Routine cleaning of bathrooms. Emptying garbage in dish room, kitchen and dining room areas. Sweeping and mopping dining, kitchen and serving areas. Some maintenance of outside areas of facility.
Essential Job Functions
- Responsibilities in dish room include setting up, operating and breaking down dish machine, bussing and scraping trays and storing clean dishes and silverware.
- If assigned in pot washer area duties would include setting up, operating and breaking down pot sink, cleaning pots and kitchen supplies and putting away clean items.
- Other duties include general maintenance of building.
- Routine cleaning of bathrooms. Emptying garbage in dish room, kitchen and dining room areas.
- Sweeping and mopping dining, kitchen and serving areas. Some maintenance of outside areas of facility.
- Follow guidelines for personal hygiene and personal attire.
- Remove and break down all boxes from kitchen and recycle.
- Empty all trash containers regularly throughout the day.
- Clean all sinks in kitchen and servery, and restock with paper towels and soap.
- Throughout the day, sweep and mop kitchen, servery and hallway.
- Daily cleaning of walk-in, kitchen walls and shelving.
- Clean and sanitize tables and food service areas as needed. Keep floor in work area clean and free of debris.
- Clean up spills during meal service immediately.
- Help set up serving line for meals.
- Be available to assist customers with questions regarding food items/ingredients and any assistance they may need
- Cleans and maintains prep area.
- Attend classes, meetings, and training sessions as requested by manager.
- Follow policies and regulations of the University and Department. Report problems to manager right away.
- Ensure proper serving utensils are available.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Flexibility with work assignments.
- Compliance with safety and sanitation standards and work rules.
- Regular and consistent attendance.
- Ability to work as a team member on diverse workforce.
- Respectful and professional behavior.
- Knowledge of proper safety and sanitation principles when operating equipment and using cleaning supplies.
- Flexibility with work assignments.
- Able to stand most of the work day.
- Must be able to lift heavy objects occasionally up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with co-workers, manager and customers.
- Must be able to read cautionary labels on cleaning products.
- Must be able to work in hot temperatures, seasonal environment, with daily exposure to hot water.
- Prior kitchen experience or basic knowledge of food preparation techniques desired.
English Proficiency Requirements:
Must have the ability to understand and communicate in English with adequate proficiency to follow directions from supervisor, read and understand safety guidelines and directions to prevent accidents or injuries from occurring, and communicate effectively with customers (staff, visitors, students) by listening and speaking clearly to them.
Ability to stand for prolonged periods, reach, lift, bend, kneel, stoop, climb, push and pull items. Physical agility critical to perform essential job functions. Lift up to 25-50 pounds must have manual dexterity. Ability to work around hot equipment (stoves, grills, ovens).
Working Conditions and Frequency of Occurrence:
- Extreme Temperature Changes (10%-30%)
- Walking (30%-60%)
- Standing (50%-80%)
- Sitting (10%-20%)
- Bending (10%-50%)
- Squatting (10%-20%)
- Hand and Finger Dexterity (10%-40%)
- Reaching (10%-50%)
- Climbing (10%-20%)
- Noise (90%-100%)
- Lifting, Carrying, Pushing, Pulling
- Up to 10 Pounds (30%-60%)
- Up to 25 Pounds (20%-50%)
- Up to 50 Pounds (10%-20%)
- Over 50 Pounds (5%-10%)
"Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of the job."
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 7285
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: A60
- Requisition ID: 83401