Financial Analyst 1
Job Code: 4451
FTE: 100%, Exempt
Stanford Pre-Collegiate Studies
The Stanford Online High School (OHS) is an accredited, diploma-granting independent school serving students in grades 7-12. The OHS brings together academically talented and motivated students from around the world into a vibrant intellectual community with teachers who are passionate about their disciplines, accomplished in their fields, and above all, dedicated to teaching. In the discussion seminar, a cornerstone of the OHS education, students and teachers engage in a rigorous academic program that develops the critical reasoning and argumentation skills so essential for success at the collegiate level and beyond. Beyond the classroom, students and instructors continue to collaborate in a dynamic school community, centered on student clubs, activities, competitions, and student publications.
The OHS seeks a Financial Analyst to perform complex finance functions and activities to support the financial operations of the school. Reporting to the Director of Business Operations, this position will contribute to the overall success of the school by performing regular monthly analysis of school expenditures informing decision making processes for directors and school leaders. The Financial Analyst will provide training and onboarding to new business office staff and will provide on the job coaching as needed.
Your responsibilities include:
- Perform structured analysis; conduct data mining; identify, clarify, and investigate discrepancies and exceptions; proactively develop solutions and processes.
- Maintain, reconcile, review, combine, and validate financial data sets and accounts, utilizing financial reports, financial databases, and key financial information.
- Contribute to the development of the budget, forecasting, and analyses to be used for key activities or decision making.
- Run and analyze financial reports, often from multiple systems; assist in preparation of management information reports.
- Provide leadership and training to business office staff on Stanford internal finance policies.
- Contribute to strategic decisions impacting OHS through communication and collaboration with other departments.
- Identify and resolve complex issues which may span multiple areas, apply ingenuity and creativity to problem analysis and resolution.
Please note: This position will move to Stanford's new Redwood City Campus in July 2019
To be successful in this position, you will bring:
- Bachelor's degree and two years of relevant experience; or a combination of education and relevant experience.
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills, ability to review and analyze complex financial information.
- Strong professional communication and interpersonal skills, including ability to clearly and effectively prepare materials for and effectively communicate information to internal and external audiences, and all levels of management.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel
- Demonstrated problem solving experience.
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills.
- Solid understanding of financial principles.
* Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of the job.
*Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. All candidates must be eligible to work in the U.S.
Why Stanford is for you
Imagine a world without search engines or social platforms. Consider lives saved through first-ever organ transplants and research to cure illnesses. Stanford University has revolutionized the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission is our diverse and dedicated 17000 staff. We seek talent driven to impact the future of our legacy.
Our culture and unique perks empower you with:
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Climb our rock wall, or choose from hundreds of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts and more!
How to Apply
We invite you to apply for this position by clicking on the “Apply for Job” button. To be considered, please submit a cover letter and résumé along with your online application. Your one-page cover letter should briefly describe your background in customer service and provide examples of your experience with attention to detail, responsiveness, and decision-making.
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4451
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: G