Head of Clinical Trial Management
Following several years of success and growth, we are looking to appoint an enthusiastic and motivated candidate to the position of Head of Trial Management within the Complex Interventions Division.
- Are you interested in evaluations of complex interventions?
- Can you lead a clinical trials team to overcome the challenges in research conduct to deliver gold standard clinical trials research?
- Do you have excellent organisational and communication skills and an in-depth knowledge of clinical trial conduct and the regulatory and governance environment?
- Do you want to be part of a leading Unit that has a national and international reputation for excellence in conducting complex, multi-centre clinical trials of complex interventions?
- We are particularly keen to hear from candidates with experience in any of the following: evaluation of complex interventions, delivering research across different organisations or within a wider programme, or specialist knowledge in a relevant area (for example, elderly care, stroke, mental health, physical activity, supportive care, use of patient reported outcomes).
You will join our Complex Interventions Divisions and lead the trial and data management team for a large portfolio of projects by acting as Trial Delivery Lead on projects, ensuring international quality standards in trial conduct are met. You will be responsible for trial and data management staff working on your portfolio trials and be expected to deliver trials to key performance milestones. You will use your problem solving skills to identify and resolve issues affecting the successful delivery of your portfolio trials, including recruitment, intervention delivery and follow-up. You will also manage projects with a high degree of autonomy but will be expected to highlight any critical issues for further discussion with the Divisional Director, Operations Director and other members of the CTRU Senior Management Group.
You will have substantial experience of managing multi-centre clinical trials / research projects, preferably evaluating complex interventions. You will also have up-to-date knowledge of legislation, regulatory and governance environment relating to clinical trials. As you will work closely with multiple stakeholders you will need excellent communication and interpersonal skills, along with the ability to lead a team and meet project deadlines.
To explore the post further or for any queries you may have, please contact:
Vicky Napp, Operations Director
Tel: +44 (0)113 343 4681; Email: V.Napp@leeds.ac.uk
Gill Booth, Operations Director
Tel: +44 (0)113 343 1496; Email: G.Eddison@leeds.ac.uk, or
The University of Leeds is committed to providing equal opportunities for all and offers a range of family friendly policies. The University is a charter member of Athena SWAN and holds the Bronze award. The School of Medicine gained the Silver award in 2016. We are committed to being an inclusive medical school that values all staff, and we are happy to consider job share applications and requests for flexible working arrangements from our employees.
Location: Leeds - Main Campus
Faculty/Service: Faculty of Medicine & Health
School/Institute: Leeds Institute of Clinical Trials Research (LICTR)
Grade: Grade 8
Salary: £40,792 to £48,677 p.a.
Working Time: Open ended fixed funding for 36 months
Post Type: Full Time
Contract Type: Ongoing
Closing Date: Sunday 30 June 2019
Downloads: Candidate Brief