Residential and Cleaning Services
About Heriot-Watt University
Heriot-Watt University has five campuses: three in the UK (Edinburgh, Scottish Borders and Orkney), one in Dubai and one in Malaysia. The University offers a highly distinctive range of degree programmes in the specialist areas of science, engineering, design, business and languages.
With a history dating back to 1821, Heriot-Watt University has established a reputation for world-class teaching and practical, leading-edge research, which has made it one of the top UK universities for business and industry. We connect with industry at every level and develop programmes to match their needs – so employers get work-ready industry-fit graduates.
Heriot-Watt is also Scotland's most international university, boasting the largest international student cohort.
We have an established set of values that help us to nurture innovation and leadership, and show our commitment to continuous improvement and development in all our activities.
For full details on our University please view our Careers at Heriot-Watt http://www.hw.ac.uk/about/careers-at-heriot-watt.htm
About our Team
Hospitality Services consists of Residential and Cleaning Services, the in house retail Catering operations, Events and Conferences and the Accommodation and Front Desk teams.
Hospitality Services and all its teams have a dual focus of supporting the Students and Academic Schools whilst generating income from the use of facilities and its activities.
All the teams are very customer focused and the collective objective is:
To Deliver high Quality Consistent Services at all times in a Sustainable, Viable and Professional manner to all customers.
Residential and Cleaning Services is the largest of the teams that make up Hospitality Services and is responsible for cleaning all accommodation whether residential, academic or third party on the Edinburgh Campus.
Enhancing the Reputation of the University
Supporting the Experiences of our Students
Helping to Deliver the University’s Objectives.
The main areas of work will include:
- To ensure all University buildings and accommodation are cleaned to a high standard following the standard operating procedures
- Use appropriate equipment and machinery, reporting any faults to Cleaning Supervisor
- Work within and ensure service level agreements are met
- Support line management to deliver a flexible, efficient and professional service to all our customers
- Report repairs, faults and maintenance to Cleaning Supervisor
Key duties and responsibilities
- Collect and sign for key, list of duties and any special duties.
- Be responsible for keys issued and the unlocking and securing of all designated areas before and after cleaning; ensuring the security and integrity of the areas of cleanin
- Cleaning, washing, sweeping, mopping, dusting, power washing, scrubbing and vacuuming designated areas to the required standard and as per standard operating procedures. Replenishing consumables where necessary and disposal of refuse. Removal of graffiti.
- Carry out deep cleaning tasks to bedrooms, kitchens, public areas and university buildings including teaching and office space as directed.
- When required to use and operate powered equipment – scrubbing machines, wet pick up machines, carpet cleaning machines ensure all processes and procedures are followed as per training.
- All cleaning equipment to be cleaned after use and kept in good working condition. Powered equipment only to be used by trained operatives
- Perform tasks as a member of the team or individually with due consideration for anyone in the vicinity.
- Assist with the distribution and collection of linen including counting and storing outgoing soiled linen and incoming clean linen.
- Set up and turnaround of accommodation and academic spaces for student and non-student business throughout the year–to include paperwork distribution, changing and provision of mattress protectors and shower curtains, bed linen, complimentary items, Freshers’ Welcome materials.
- Servicing residential accommodation including making beds and changing linen as required by business streams and SLA’s.
- To maintain environment: deep clean carpeted and non-carpeted areas, soft furnishings; fixtures and fittings; walls; storage areas; domestic kitchens and pantries in the Halls of Residence
- Collect rubbish and dispose of correctly using appropriate bins, including kitchen refuse and recycling.
- Reporting issues
- Reporting lost and left property as per procedure
- Attending to floods and emergency cleaning, carry out special cleaning – sanitising / cleaning human waste (including excrement, vomit)
- General cleaning - including but not excluding other related tasks
i)Hard and soft flooring and furnishings
ii)Fixtures and fittings
iii)Skirtings and walls
iv)Kitchen a) within halls of residence – to include floor, walls, units, sinks, appliances, furniture and waste bins b) staff areas - floor, walls, units, sinks, furniture and waste bins
v)Sweep and mop lifts, cleaning and polishing walls
vi)Communal waste bins – empty, clean and remove waste to designated disposal areas
vii)All recycling – collate and remove to designated disposal areas
viii)Deep cleaning of furniture in academic space, social and study areas, offices and public areas
ix)Public toilets as per addendum
x)Special events and requests – Graduations, Religious events, Students Society bookings, commercial and other as advised
xi)Replenishing all consumables
- Duty of care to all students, visitors and colleagues of the University and Halls of Residence
- At all times follow and adhere to University policies and procedures relating to Health and Safety, Fire and other relevant policies.
- Participate fully in the university’s Personal Development Review process (PDR)
- Work as part of a team within Hospitality Services, providing a flexible, cooperative, responsive support service to colleagues and customers alike.
- Participate in all mandatory training
- Additional duties and functions may be required of the post depending on the development and nature of the operation which are not defined at this time but which may reasonably be requested to be carried out.
Education, qualifications and experience
Experience of office, hotel or residential cleaning advantageous but not essential - work is more strenuous than domestic cleaning
Good grasp of English essential
How To Apply
Applications can be submitted up to midnight (UK time) on Friday 21st June 2019
If you have any issues applying for this position online using our recruitment site, please call Mete Han Ozkan or Agata Szpernol on 0131 451 8091 or by emailing M.H.Ozkan@hw.ac.uk or A.email@example.com
Consideration will be given to applications on a part-time and/or job-share basis.
Use our total rewards calculator: https://www.hw.ac.uk/about/work/total-rewards-calculator.htm to see the value of benefits provided by Heriot-Watt University.
This role does not meet the minimum requirements set by UKVI to enable sponsorship of migrant workers. Therefore we cannot progress applications from candidates who require sponsorship to work in the UK. For further information on this please visit the UK Visas and Immigration website: https://www.gov.uk/browse/visas-immigration/work-visas