Scientific Analysis Associate
Caltech is a world-renowned science and engineering institute that marshals some of the world's brightest minds and most innovative tools to address fundamental scientific questions. We thrive on finding and cultivating talented people who are passionate about what they do. Join us and be a part of the diverse Caltech community.
The candidate will participate in a variety of the externally funded projects in the broad arena of data science and cybersecurity, under the auspices of Prof. Djorgovski’s research group and the Center for Data-Driven Discovery (CD3).
CD3 works on a collaborative basis with various faulty research groups on the campus, as well as with the researchers at JPL, within the overall umbrella of the Caltech-JPL Joint Initiative in Data Science and Technology. The research projects span a variety of data-intensive fields.
- Proactive exploration of the suitable funding and collaboration opportunities
- Proposal preparation and reporting
- Participation in the funded research projects, including experiment design, data collection, data analysis, presentation and publication of results
- Interfaces with the collaborating groups and funding agencies as applicable
- Assist with the supervision of students and postdocs involved in the research projects
- An advanced degree in the arena of computer science, data science, cybersecurity, or a related field
- Familiarity with advanced data analytics methods, including statistics and machine learnings
- Demonstrated research experience and a publication record in these research arenas
- Familiarity with the research areas of an interest to the national security and intelligence communities
- A demonstrated expertise in the arena of human biases affecting the data science studies and cybersecurity issues
- Professional recognition as evidenced by the prestigious Fellowships or other awards, invitations to conferences, etc.
- Cover Letter