Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences, Administration Unit
Our vision is to be a leading public university of technology recognised for our global impact. We are a dynamic and innovative university, ranked by the Times Higher Education as Australia’s top young university, and located centrally in one of the world’s most liveable cities. With a culturally diverse campus life and extensive international exchange and research programs, UTS prepares graduates for the workplaces of today and tomorrow.
About the Faculty
The Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences (FASS) provides high quality, innovative programs of teaching and learning, research and consulting in the fields of communication, education and international studies, using a strong practice orientation with a focus on technology, creativity and internationalism.
The Administration Unit is responsible for providing administrative support services to faculty staff using iRecruit, NEO faculty organisation maintenance, casual academic and casual research contract support, and travel support (CONCUR). The Unit is currently seeking to recruit an Administration Manager to lead the unit team in providing efficient and effective administration support activities to the faculty.
About the Role
The Administration Manager is responsible for the provision of a range of administrative, human resources and internal communication services to the faculty executive members, managers and staff. You will be responsible for:
- Overseeing the provision of high quality and efficient administrative support to faculty executive and effectively managing team resources to coordinate the flow of work.
- Coordinating all administrative matters for the relevant faculty executive members including diary management, records management, presentations, reports and travel.
- Enhancing the communications programs and strategies in the faculty to improve the student experience and remain compliant with university policies and procedures.
- Develop the faculty communication schedules.
- Managing the staff recruitment services and developing processes notes and filing management systems to ensure high quality and efficient services.
You will be expected to act autonomously and demonstrate initiative within the role, while leading a small team to achieve outcomes and collaborate across the Faculty. You will be able have:
- Demonstrated superior and effective communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to interact effectively with a range of staff at various levels across the faculty and the University.
- High level computer and digital literacy with demonstrated capacity to learn new programs, databases and train others in new software.
- Demonstrated project management skills and the ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines and the ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Previous experience in a similar role in providing a range of administrative services to a large organisation.
- A degree with subsequent relevant experience; or extensive experience and specialist experience or broad knowledge in administrative fields; or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training.
For the full list of the selection criteria and role responsibilities please click the apply link and download the Position Description from the UTS website.
Base Salary Range: $100,317 to $114,250 pa (HEW 8)
This role attracts 17% superannuation (pension) in addition to the base salary.
UTS staff also benefit from a wide range of Employee Benefits including flexible work practices, child care centres, generous parental leave and salary packaging opportunities.
This position is full-time and appointment will be made on a continuing basis.
How to Apply
You are required to address the selection criteria in your submission in a separate document. For information to assist you with compiling statements to answer the selection criteria, please visit Answering Selection Criteria
Only those applications submitted via the UTS online recruitment system will be accepted. If you are a current UTS staff member, for help on how to apply through NEO please click here.
As you will be unable to save your application once started, please have all required documents and information available prior to commencing.
Please ensure that the file name for each document submitted includes IRC133206.
Specific enquiries or issues with your application may be directed to the UTS Recruitment Team at email@example.com or on +61 (0) 2 9514 1080.
Closing Date: Monday 24 June 2019 at 11.59pm (AEST)
Applicants must have current and valid work rights in Australia.
Please note: If you have a disability that requires adjustment to the recruitment process or an alternative application pathway please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
At UTS, the concepts of equity and social justice are key to our core and purpose – we are recognised widely as supporting inclusivity and valuing diversity through our Wingara Indigenous Employment Strategy, Social Impact Framework and UTS Access and Inclusion Plan.
Cited as a WGEA Employer of Choice since the inception of the award, we are now among the first Australian institutions to receive the Athena SWAN Bronze Accreditation for our commitment to action addressing gender equity in the STEMM disciplines.
We welcome applications from women, Indigenous Australians, people with disability, those who identify as LGBTIQ and applicants from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.