Caltech is a world-renowned science and engineering institute that marshals some of the world's brightest minds and most innovative tools to address fundamental scientific questions. We thrive on finding and cultivating talented people who are passionate about what they do. Join us and be a part of the diverse Caltech community.
We are seeking a Research Scientist with expertise in numerical simulation of ultrasound and bubble, cavitating flows. The successful candidate will have skills in high-performance computing and must be able to design numerical simulations and coordinate with ongoing experimental investigations.
- Assist with ongoing effort to develop and optimize numerical algorithms for simulating bubbly, cavitating flows.
- Implement, debug, and verify advanced algorithms for phase change, interface sharpening, and diffusion in the above code framework.
- Collaborate with remote investigators on the design and implementation of experimental techniques for quantifying bubble dynamics in burst-wave lithotripsy.
- Write monthly progress reports and assist the team in preparing conference and journal publications.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering or another related field.
- Experience in high performance computing, design and conducting laboratory experiments.