Project Officer, Research
Research and Innovation Office
Salary: £27,025 to £29,515 gross per annum + benefits
Post Type: Full Time
Closing Date: Thursday 20 June 2019
We are currently seeking an enthusiastic Project Officer (Research) to join our dynamic Research Performance (REF) team. The team are currently seconded to Strategic Planning to support REF preparations until 31 December 2020.
This is an exciting opportunity for a motivated individual to work with a dedicated team in delivering the critically important REF 2021 submission, and longer term to work on a range of exciting initiatives to support the University’s research strategy and environment.
The role will have a particular focus on the preparation of data and narrative for the University's REF 2021 submission. They will support the Research Performance (REF) team in data capture, analysis and providing high-skilled co-ordination and administration activities. Working closely with the Senior Impact Officer, the post holder, will also contribute to the impact support and provision across the University.
The successful candidate will have:
- Experience of planning and progressing activities within general guidelines, using initiative and judgement without reference to others
- Proficiency in IT systems, including Microsoft Office, and excel in particular
- Ability to handle large datasets confidently; interpret and present information within a specific brief
- Strong interpersonal skills to work with colleagues
- An interest in and / or experience of research in the Higher Education sector, ideally relating to REF, knowledge exchange or a related role
This role would be suitable for a new graduate with strong data and research skills, experience working in research/higher education would be an advantage.
In addition to a competitive salary you will receive a generous annual leave entitlement, excellent development opportunities. Our great benefits package includes access to the University pension scheme and discounted membership to our world-renowned Surrey Sports Park.
Please note - appointment will be made within this salary range dependent upon appropriate skills and experience.
For informal enquiries please contact Gill Fairbairn on 01483 68 3491 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information and to apply online, please download the further details and click on the 'apply online' button above.
We acknowledge, understand and embrace diversity.