Finance Expert - Report to the CEO
VinUniversity is seeking for an expert in finance with an excellence track record in finance and higher education, who can bring a real balance of the strategic and operational to be the Finance Expert - Report to the CEO. He/she plays a critical and high-profile role in shaping our financial model.
This position will report directly to the CEO, lead the strategic operational finance practices, and also structure, create and maintain financial processes throughout the organization. Through his/her skills and abilities, we will be in possession of financial information and insight that can drive future developments and build on our achievements to date. The Finance Expert will provide consultation on finance effectiveness, improving financial performance, and mitigating risk.
- Establishes, analyzes and updates existing financial policies, procedures, programs, plans and systems to develop improvements in efficiency, effectiveness and productivity
- Prepares and develops long-term financial forecasts for all of the university’s funds. Oversees and monitors the preparation of all financial reporting.
- Advises the Board, CEO, Provost, Deans, and others senior administrative roles of the University who manage grants or other funds to maximize use of available resources
- Provides strategic financial recommendations to the CEO/president and members of the executive management team
- Serves as a resource to college personnel in determining the cost effectiveness of current and proposed initiatives.
- Develops procedures that integrate business and strategic planning into annual budget process
- Oversees budgeting and the implementation of budgets so as to monitor progress and present financial metrics both internally and externally
- Directs the development, implementation and maintenance of financial policies; ensures that the college is in compliance with financial regulatory, legal, administrative, collectively bargained, contractual, procedural.
- Develops finance organizational strategies by contributing financial and accounting information, analysis, and recommendations to strategic thinking and direction; establishing functional objectives in line with organizational objectives.
- Manages major expenditures and capital requests; develops financial and tax strategies
- Monitors financial performance by measuring and analyzing results, initiating corrective actions and minimizing the impact of variances.
- Establishes, coordinates, maintains, and systematically review the process for financial evaluation of the university’s programs and activities
- Reports financial status by reporting results, analyzing variances thus develops improvements
- Oversees the implementation of risk management system of the organization
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Master’s degree in Finance, Business Administration or equivalent experience from an accredited institution. MBA, Master of Accountancy, CPA and/or PhD degree is strongly preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in the area of financial administration, business management, finance and higher education.
- Experience in a senior financial management role, partnering with executive staff to develop, model, and implement creative financial management strategies.
- Proven track record of success facilitating progressive financial system, process and procedural changes within a financially complex organization.
- Experience in higher education setting is preferred.
- Evidence of strategic thinking and capacity to bring strong, innovative financial and organizational leadership
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Advanced technical Microsoft Office skills with advanced Excel & strong PowerPoint skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in Vietnamese and English
- Ability to communicate complex ideas and recommendations effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to work with faculty, staff, and students as well as community groups of diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds
- Ability to effectively influence and persuade, along with the ability to adapt your style and message to connect to the appropriate audience while maintaining strong sense credibility
- Rigorous and capable of high attention to detail over an extended period
- Follows up and completes with precision, conscientious and diligent
- Strives to achieve excellence and commit to the highest ethical standards and transparency
The salary and benefits are competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please send a resume as well as a cover letter explaining your interest in the position and demonstrating your relevant qualifications to the Search Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org. Consideration of candidates will occur on a rolling basis beginning May 2019 and will continue until the position is filled. Individuals who wish to nominate a candidate should submit a letter of nomination that includes the candidate’s contact information to the Search Committee at email@example.com.