Administrative Associate 2
Job Code: 4102
Job Grade: E
FTE: 100%, Non-exempt
Office of the President and Provost
Stanford Pre-Collegiate Studies (SPCS) is an innovative center for pre-collegiate education committed to Stanford’s ideals of academic excellence and respect for diversity of backgrounds and experiences. SPCS brings together intellectually curious students from around the world in engaging learning communities, designed to foster critical thinking, promote personal growth, and inspire dedication to lifelong learning in the next generation of global citizens.
Under the supervision of the Associate Director of Administration and in collaboration with a small team, you will provide support to a number of diverse internal and external clients and perform a broad range of administrative duties. As a partner with a variety of departments, you will have a keen understanding of how the University functions. Are you personable, proactive, and solution-oriented? Then this position may be the right fit for you!
Please Note: This position will move to Stanford’s new Redwood City Campus in September 2019. https://redwoodcity.stanford.edu/
Your responsibilities include:
• Representing SPCS by being the first to respond to inquiries, taking appropriate action as required.
• Supporting the organization by planning and placing supply and material orders, coordinating logistics, and through interfacing with vendors associated with conferences and various events.
• Composing, formatting, preparing, and distributing routine communications, reports, and materials.
• Maintaining approved content on websites. Creating, editing, and updating documentation and other written material.
• Demonstrating your attention to detail by managing events across multiple calendars and through helping to plan, prepare, and process business travel expenses.
• Providing accurate and timely processing of financial transactions.
• Maintaining office supplies and equipment, obtaining vendor quotations, and coordinating office moves.
• Flexibility in completing any other assigned duties.
To be successful in this position, you will bring:
• A high school diploma and three years of administrative experience, or combination of education and relevant experience.
• Proficiency in computer skills and demonstrated experience with office software and email applications.
• Demonstrated success in following through and completing routine tasks.
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
• An ability to prioritize and multi-task.
In addition, preferred requirements include:
• An associate or bachelor’s degree.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google Suite applications.
*Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
Why Stanford is for You
Imagine a world without search engines or social platforms. Consider lives saved through first-ever organ transplants and research to cure illnesses. Stanford University has revolutionized the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission is our diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff. We seek talent driven to impact the future of our legacy. Our culture and unique perks empower you with:
• Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
• A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
• A healthier you. Climb our rock wall, or choose from hundreds of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
• Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums.
• Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts and more!
How to Apply
We invite you to apply for this position by clicking on the “Apply for Job” button. To be considered, please submit a cover letter and résumé along with your online application. Your one-page cover letter should briefly describe your background in customer service and provide examples of your experience with attention to detail, responsiveness, and decision-making.
Job Code: 4102
Employee Status: Regular
Requisition ID: 83377