From benchtop research to international programs, the Department of Surgery provides exceptional patient care, delivers outstanding undergraduate and graduate education, and furthers the field of surgery through innovative basic science and clinical research.
The Division of General Surgery seeks an experienced Administrative Associate to provide administrative support to the Division Manager and faculty in a complex academic/clinical environment in the School of Medicine. This position requires an individual who can work independently and with minimal direction in performance of their duties.
For more information about the department visit http://med.stanford.edu/gensurg/general-surgery-homepage.html
- Act on behalf of the supervisor, department manager, or chair in regards to establishing priorities and identifying and resolving problems that are administrative in nature.
- Oversee and/or perform duties associated with scheduling, organizing, and operating complex conferences, seminars, and events, including arranging with vendors for services, overseeing the production and distribution of materials, administering logistics, and managing event within budget.
- Compose and draft documents and correspondence for presentations, course handouts, grants, conferences, seminars, and reports; perform substantial editing and fact checking. Create, maintain, modify, and/or ensure accuracy of content in various unit documents, displays, reports, brochures, social media, and/or websites.
- Plan and schedule calendar(s) with limited consultation, resolve calendaring conflicts, and arrange travel in compliance with unit, university, and sponsor policies.
- Oversee and/or process a variety of financial transactions/reimbursements.
- Coordinate all logistical aspects of faculty candidate visits, including arranging transportation and accommodations, scheduling meetings and interviews, and processing reimbursements.
* - Other duties may also be assigned
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED):
High school diploma and four years of administrative experience, or combination of education and relevant experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED):
- Advanced computer skills and demonstrated experience with office software (Microsoft PowerPoint and Word) and email applications.
- Demonstrated success in following through and completing projects.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and assign work to others.
- Ability to take initiative and ownership of projects.
- Ability to routinely and independently exercise sound judgment in making decisions.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- College degree.
- Prior work experience at Stanford University and/or in higher education strongly preferred.
- Understanding of the organization of Stanford University Medical Center or similar academic medical center preferred.
- Ability to independently compose/draft correspondence on behalf of the department leadership.
- Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Frequently sitting.
- Occasionally stand/walk, reach/work above shoulders, grasp lightly/fine manipulation, grasp forcefully, use a telephone, sort/file paperwork or parts, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh up to 10 pounds.
- Rarely twist/bend/stoop/squat, kneel/crawl.
* - Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.