Program Manager, Custom Programs
The Stanford Center for Professional Development (SCPD) in the Office of the Vice Provost for Teaching and Learning (VPTL), is seeking a highly motivated and dedicated individual. The Program Manager will oversee custom tailored educational programs in support VPTL and SCPD’s portfolio. S/he manages the execution of on-campus and blended programs, including: faculty and client relationships, customer service and support, program financial statements, enrollments, and program operations. The Program Manager’s primary goals are to ensure satisfaction for clients, Stanford faculty and attendees from industry and to increase revenue over expenses for each program. During events, the program manager will make independent decisions in the best interest of the program, the attendees, and SCPD. S/he will be the primary contact with Stanford faculty, departments, partner organizations (both domestic and international), instructors, vendors and attendees.
To be successful in this position, you should have:
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills
- Proven stakeholder management skills
- Ability to operate/move forward with less information than you’d like
- Flexibility to change plans, direction while maintaining a positive attitude
- Team-centric mindset: willing to do whatever it takes, even work beyond your responsibility area to help teammates, and ensure team’s success.
This is a wonderful department that works well as a team! If you are looking for a position in a fast-paced environment, this is the job for you!
SCPD website: http://scpd.stanford.edu/
Under general supervision, assist with the execution of a program or a product created by the organization.
- Understand and communicate the features, benefits, and advantages of the product/program to a target audience.
- Gather, analyze and report on product/program data.
- Execute a tactical plan to meet the product/program objectives.
- Coordinate with vendors to ensure timely delivery of product/program elements.
- Provide administrative support to Product/Program team.
- Track product/program progress against goals and schedule.
- Assist in the development of materials which support the product/program.
* - Other duties may also be assigned
Education & Experience:
Bachelor's degree and one year of relevant experience or a combination of education and relevant experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong verbal and oral communication skills.
- Highly organized.
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to meet expected deadlines and schedules.
- Team player.
Certifications and Licenses:
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Frequently stand/walk, sit, use a telephone, grasp lightly/fine manipulation, speaking.
- Occasionally grasp forcefully, writing by hand.
- Rarely sort/file paperwork.
* - Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of the job.
Occasional work on evenings and weekends.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, https://adminguide.stanford.ed
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.