Assistant Professor in the Area of Applied Electrochemistry, Electrochemical Energy Storage
Skoltech Center for Energy Science and Technology (CEST) is seeking for an Assistant Professor (full-time) having major expertise in both fundamental and applied electrochemistry covering areas such as electrochemical processes in rechargeable batteries and fuel cells. A particular interest is in the characterization of electrode kinetics and mass-transport phenomena aimed to assist in the development of novel electrode materials, electrolytes, and composites for electrochemical energy storage. The preferred starting date is September 2019, but it can be negotiated.
We are looking for a highly qualified candidate committed to research, education, and innovation, who holds a Ph.D. degree (or equivalent) in electrochemistry, physical chemistry or closely related fields, and has considerable experience in applied electrochemistry, validated by patents and publications in top peer-reviewed journals.
A solid background in the following areas is mandatory:
- Kinetics and thermodynamics of processes at the electrified interfaces;
- Analytical and numerical modeling of voltammetric and AC responses in intercalation and electrocatalytic processes;
- Advanced electroanalytical methods including voltammetry, electrochemical impedance spectroscopy, small- and large-amplitude potential-step techniques and hydrodynamical methods;
- Diagnostics of the rate- and power-limiting factors in battery materials based on electroanalytical methods combined with spectroscopic and crystal structure-sensitive material science approaches;
- Half- and full-cell battery fabrication, exploring the interplay of electrode and electrolyte components relevant to electrochemical energy storage devices;
- Leading external research projects, cooperation with industry, fundraising;
- Mentoring students and supervising theses and diploma work.
You will mentor and teach students, recruit and supervise researchers, provide leadership to the team. The duties will also include leading innovative research projects and submitting proposals and applications for external funding, promoting partnerships with industry, and strengthening educational aspects in your area. Teaching and research are carried out in English.
Skoltech Center for Energy Science and Technology (CEST) is an interdisciplinary center for research, education and innovation at Skoltech that focuses on study and development of devices and systems that can dramatically advance portable electronics, electric vehicle transportation and grid energy storage sectors.
- A challenging job in an international, dynamic and professional environment;
- Synergy between science, innovations, and technology;
- Substantial research support;
- Internationally competitive compensation package.
The application submission deadline is July 3, 2019. The application must be submitted online at: http://join.skoltech.ru/how-to-apply/ and should include: CV with a list of publications, research and teaching statements, a statement of interest or involvement in innovation, and list of at least three referees with contact information. Please note the code of the current vacancy that you will need when filling out the application form: [77_AP_CEST]
The application will be accepted until the position is filled.
Skoltech is committed to diversity and equality, and all are invited to apply without regard for gender, race or national origin.
More searches like this
- Permanent Engineering & Technology Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in Russia
- Permanent Physical Sciences Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in Russia
- Permanent Electrical & Electronic Engineering Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in Russia
- Permanent Chemistry Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in Russia