Student Services Officer
- Salary Package: From $83,478 - $92,146 (Level 6) plus employer’s 17% superannuation and annual leave loading
- Full Time, continuing
- Macquarie University (North Ryde) location
Student Services within the Faculty of Science & Engineering are currently going through a dynamic period of growth and change. Reporting to the Student Administration Manager this newly created position is an exciting generalist role which will provide support to both students and staff across the full student life cycle. The position provides comprehensive operational, secretariat and administrative support for student administration including timetabling, supplementary exams and exam results and faculty prizes. It also provides expert advice on student related policies, procedures and decisions.
As the Student Services Officer you will also be:
- Undertaking complex program advising including face to face interviews, assessment of student needs and liaise with faculty and central services to resolve discipline cases and exceptions and/or provide resolution in line with university policies and procedures
- Proactively liaise with internal stakeholders to trouble shoot and resolve student enquires and issues as they arise
- Develop and foster effective working relationships with faculty and central teams
- Research, collate, analyse and prepare information on student cases for committee's and provide secretariat and post committee support to faculty governance
- Undertake data collection, analysis and prepare reports or documentation for internal or external reporting and decision making purposes
You will be an experienced, strong communicator with sound professional judgement and significant experience in student related administration in the higher education sector. You will have sound analytical, reporting, coordination and administration skills. Your ability to develop rapport and work with students to explore options and find solutions within university policies, procedures and guidelines which will enable you to excel in this role.
Within the Associate Dean, Quality and Standards remit, the Faculty Student Centre provides quality program and administrative advice and support to students across the full student life cycle, from enquiry through to alumni. The staff form part of the tiered approach to student enquiries and are subject matter experts in student related policy and procedure for all stakeholders, particularly departmental professional and academic staff, to ensure a holistic and consistent experience for students and staff across their interactions.
Macquarie is a university engaged with the real and often complex problems and opportunities that define our lives. Since our foundation 54 years ago, we have aspired to be a different type of university. Over the years, we’ve grown to become the centre of a vibrant local and global community.
To be considered for this position, please apply online by submitting your cv and a separate 2-page (maximum) cover letter that demonstrates how you meet the following selection criteria:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in a related discipline or equivalent combination of qualifications and experience
- A strong track record of working in student service related administration including providing comprehensive advice to students and other staff on policies and procedures with the demonstrated ability to clearly explain program specific information
- Well-developed analytical skills with the ability to analyse data and trends, make recommendations based on findings and prepare a range of reports
- Demonstrated ability to build and manage relationships with internal and external stakeholders including staff and students.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and/or contribute to the development and improvement of processes, procedures, systems or initiatives by reviewing procedures, making recommendations and implementing and communicating outcomes.
- Demonstrated experience exercising good professional judgement when dealing with sensitive issues using tact, discretion and empathy whilst working to resolve (and or refer) the issue appropriately
Due to the nature of this role, a criminal history check will be required for the successful applicant.
Role Enquires: Anne Macleod, Student Administration Manager via e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 02 9850 8241
Application close: Sunday 16 June 2019 11:55 pm EST
Macquarie University is committed to Equity, Diversity and Inclusion. We value individual difference and recognise the strength of a vibrant, diverse and inclusive workforce where the backgrounds, perspectives and experiences of our staff are a driving force for collaboration, innovation and impact.
We work to ensure genuine equality of opportunity for people regardless of their gender, age, cultural background, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and/or family status, and we encourage you to apply for a position at Macquarie University.