Head of Research, Policy and Advocacy
- Competitive salary with NFP benefits
- Dynamic organisation with flexible working options
- Career Development Opportunities
About the Role:
Are you passionate about undertaking and promoting leading edge research, that delivers evidence-based outcomes for some of the most vulnerable people in our society?
Are you confident in developing business and research partnerships with tertiary institutes?
In this newly created role you will be responsible for leading the Research, Policy and Advocacy (RP &A) unit at Baptcare. This role will deliver evidence-based, best practice models to deliver Baptcare's strategic approach to social policy issues and to deliver outcomes that make a real difference to the lives and wellbeing of our customers and our communities.
As a senior member of our team, you will be working closely with management and staff across divisions for the identification and implementation of research projects. Externally this role will be pivotal in building key relationships with academic research partners and other bodies as appropriate.
About the Organisation:
Baptcare is a purpose driven and faith-based organisation working across Victoria, Tasmania and South Australia, providing residential and community care for older people and support to children, families, and people with disability, financially disadvantaged people and people seeking asylum.
Duties, Skills and Qualifications:
- Tertiary qualifications in Social Sciences, Social Work or other relevant Human Services and extensive experience in the Human Services sector. A PhD in Social Science will be highly regarded.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver research projects and experience in translating research into practice.
- Demonstrated experience in high-level stakeholder management essentially within aged care and human services sector.
- In depth experience in researching, developing and implementing continuously evolving evidence-informed models.
- Extensive experience in conducting robust, ethics-based research and/or program evaluation.
How to Apply:
Please click 'Apply Now' to apply for this position and view the role statement
Included in your application please address the Key Selection Criteria 4, 6, 7 and 11 only, in one-page total.
Applications Close 16th June 2019
Please forward queries to:
Dr Dave Vicary
Please note satisfactory probity checks are a condition of employment with Baptcare.
If invited for interview the applicant will be required to produce evidence of: qualifications, research proposals and research projects undertaken.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Baptcare subscribes to a mobile and flexible work environment. If you require support with the application process, please contact email@example.com
Baptcare is committed to building a respectful and inclusive workplace, appointing the best person for the role and supporting diversity. We welcome applicants who may require adjustments.