Nursing Assistant, Instructor or Assistant Professor
Dona Ana Community College (DACC) is a comprehensive, learning-centered community college dedicated to a diverse population of learners in support of student success, workforce and economic development and lifelong learning.
Established in 1973 at the request of the Gadsden, Hatch and Las Cruces school boards, DACC continues to meet the educational needs of county residents by providing instruction leading to associate degrees and technical certificates as well as community and adult education opportunities. As the second largest community college in the state, DACC offers accessible and affordable higher education opportunities to more than 18,000 students annually with eight learning sites county-wide. As part of New Mexico State University, DACC is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
Prepare and teach the equivalent of 36 credit hours over fall, spring and summer semesters in the Nursing Assistant Program. Teaching assignments may include day, evenings, weekends, and/or multiple campus locations.
Develop, revise and update curriculum in collaboration with the department faculty and director or chair. May develop and teach online courses. Instruct, support, advise and provide timely feedback to students in accordance with DACC policy and procedures. Participate in and serve on department division, and college committees, program advisory councils, task forces and working groups. Maintain professional and academic competence and participate in professional development.
• Associate degree in Nursing. Higher degree will be required for promotion.
• Current unencumbered New Mexico nursing license or a compact state license, or eligibility to obtain a New Mexico license to practice as a registered nurse required.
• Two (2) years minimum nursing experience, one of which must in the provision of long term care or documented experience supervising Nursing Assistants.
• Documented experience or education with phlebotomy and laboratory procedures.
• Documented experience or education with electrocardiography rhythm identification.
• Experience supervising nursing assistants.
• Must be comfortable using computer for teaching, grading and commutation.
• One (1) year community college/post-secondary teaching experience.
• Experience in telemetry, ICU, emergency room or ACLS certified.
• Demonstrated commitment to professional development in nursing and teaching.
• Knowledge of innovative, creative teaching and learning methodologies for post-secondary students.
• Experience with media, evolving instructional technologies, and distance learning programs and delivery.
• Experience in developing curriculum, measuring student learning outcomes, evaluating course efficacy, and assessing and improving student learning.
• Endorsement of the teaching philosophy of DACC which supports a goal of success for all students through active learning experiences and strong faculty involvement.
• Demonstrated experience teaching and relating to students from diverse academic, socioeconomic, and cultural backgrounds.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills working with students, colleagues, staff, supervisors, and the community.
• Bilingual competence in Spanish and English will be considered an asset.