Research Analyst, Institutional Research
Department: Institutional Research
Job Family: Higher Education Administration
To support institutional research and decision making through data analysis, interpretation, reporting, and development of recommendations for institutional action. Collects, analyzes, interprets and reports University-related information. Prepares, presents, and distributes detailed data analysis and Ad Hoc reports in various formats like charts, graphs, executive summaries and briefings. Organizes and presents clearly and effectively research-based information, analysis, results, and interpretations. Evaluates and responds to data requests originating from within and outside the institution; works with requestors to clarify their needs and optimizes the use of research results. Work on creating, validating and publishing internal and external reports. In depth knowledge of University administrative organization, policies, procedures, and practices for institutional research-oriented roles. Analyzes extracted or collected data using SPSS, Tableau, R, or other statistical analysis tools. Provides statistical and methodological expertise for the collection, analysis, and interpretation of data for strategic planning and assessment purposes.
- Respond to institutional data requests from internal sources and mandatory external reporting; provide analysis and reporting support.
- Use a variety of databases and other resources to collect, compile, and report statistics, demographic information, and related data to meet information needs and inform senior leadership.
- Provides statistical data, research, and analysis using multiple and disparate datasets and information sources that require data cleansing and transformation.
- Interpret report findings and make recommendations to senior staff or other groups as requested.
- Prepare and present research and statistical reports, utilizing Tableau and other data visualization tools.
- Assist in the strategic planning and assessment processes through data analysis and review.
- Maintain detailed records of research activities, analysis and procedures.
- Respond to ad hoc data requests and consult with internal college constituencies to determine and clarify data, reports and research requirements.
- Responsible for completing all international ranking surveys which are the source of the following world rankings: the Academic Ranking of World Universities, The US News World Rankings, the Times Higher Education World Rankings, the QS World University Rankings, and the QS Graduate Employability Rankings.
- Responsible for completing the Survey of Graduate and Postdoctorates in Science and Engineering, conducted by the National Science Foundation and National Institutes of Health.
- Responsible for survey research projects conducted through the Office of Institutional Research and Strategic Analytics.
- Create, design, and implement survey research projects using Qualtrics.
- Lead Quantitative Analyst for internal surveys.
- Responsible for surveys conducted internally including, but not limited to, the Senior Survey, and the Campus Climate Surveys.
- Facilitate the administration of the National Survey of Student Engagement and the Faculty Survey on Student Engagement; Analyze and present findings related to student engagement initiatives.
- Perform related data collection and cleansing.
- Present summary results and analysis.
- Analyze survey data using appropriate statistical methods to interpret results and prepare and present summary results and analysis.
- Develop statistical models and provide research support, as well as initiate research studies including predictive modeling for evaluation of institutional issues such as enrollment, financial aid, faculty, etc.
- Design and conduct studies using regression, correlation, and other appropriate statistical approaches.
- Use appropriate research methods and statistical procedures to develop, conduct, and direct research projects to include design of the research, data collection, analysis of data, interpretation of results, writing of reports, and presentation of results.
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative primary and secondary research to support the custom research needs of the University.
- Provide independent analysis and interpret data for use in strategic planning, assessment, and decision support.
- Prepare written summaries and reports of research findings and recommendations including the use of charts and graphs.
- Bachelor's Degree in a research related field such as statistics or social science research required
- 2 or more years experience in research or educational environment; institutional research experience a plus
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills
- Solid writing ability and organizational skills
- Solid analytical, decision making and problem solving skills
- Solid computer skills with experience using word processing and spreadsheet software
- Experience with data visualization or business intelligence software (e.g. Tableau, Power BI, etc.) and statistical software (e.g. SPSS, R, etc.)
- Successful completion of standard background checks including but not limited to: social security verification, education verification, county and national criminal background checks, PATCH, FBI fingerprinting, Child Abuse Clearance. Based upon the requirements of the position Lehigh may also request credit history reports, motor vehicle checks and professional license/certification verification
- Periods of high volume/workload may be required to complete projects
- Occasional travel for training and professional meetings
Grade and Hiring Minimum:
Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications. Salary adjustments for internal candidates comply with University policy. For more information contact Human Resources.
Required Documents Message:
Cover Letter, Resume