Administrative Assistant, Advancement and Alumni Relations
Department School of Business
Criminal Background Check Standard Background Check
Motor Vehicle Background Check No
Job Category Student Wage / Non-Student Wage
Job Type Part-Time
Working Hours 15-20 hours per week, Monday-Friday; with preferred core work hours between 9:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m.
Location Fairfax, VA
Salary Commensurate with education and experience.
The Advancement and Alumni Relations Administrative Assistant will work directly with the Administrative Manager, Advancement and Alumni Relations, to plan, execute and evaluate the School of Business’s Advancement & Alumni Relations activities. The Administrative Assistant will be expected to complete a wide range of activities requiring clear, effective communication, critical thinking, excellent organizational skills and attention to detail. The selected candidate must be able to work well under pressure and make well-informed decisions. The candidate must be comfortable working independently, while maintaining communication with the Advancement & Alumni Relations team. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Mason’s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
This position is 15-20 hours per week, Monday-Friday, with preferred core work hours between 9:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for scheduling appointments with prospects, donors, and Advisory Board members;
- Assisting in preparing materials and day-of support for committee meetings;
- Recording of prospect and donor information in established systems; and
- Assisting with special projects as needed.
- Strong verbal communication skills for phone interactions with prospects and donors;
- Ability to handle sensitive and/or confidential information;
- Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and/or work experience in office management and administration;
- Excellent computer skills with working knowledge of all applications in Microsoft Office, electronic calendaring, and e-mail;
- Must have strong interpersonal and organizational skills with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience in providing administrative support to senior-level management in a dynamic environment;
- Demonstrated significant office management experience; and
- Ability and willingness to be flexible with varied work assignments.
Special Instructions to Applicants
For full consideration, applicants must apply for position number WGB351 at https://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter (optional), resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report “Up and Coming” spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Mason’s diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.
Campus Safety Information
Mason’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available at http://police.gmu.edu/annual-security-report/