Assistant Director, Undergraduate Admissions
Job Description Summary:
The GW Office of Undergraduate Admissions is honored to review applications from thousands of students around the world each year. The goal of the Office of Undergraduate Admissions is to create a class of students who will pursue academic excellence, thrive in our dynamic environment, and make lasting contributions to GW and the world.
The Office of Undergraduate Admissions is seeking an Assistant Director of Undergraduate Admissions. The Assistant Director of Undergraduate Admissions represents the university both on campus as well as off campus through information sessions, interviews, high school visits, college fairs, etc. They build relationships and analyze data to manage a recruitment territory, evaluate admissions applications and make recommendations regarding admissions decisions, and coordinate special programs/projects within the admissions office. The candidate should demonstrate a commitment to diversity and providing access to higher education.
- Holistically evaluates freshman and transfer applications; makes recommendations for admissions decisions and determines eligibility for special admissions programs; presents cases in committee.
- Represents the University both on campus and off campus via information sessions, interviews, high school visits, college fairs, etc.
- Acts as a coordinator for special projects/programs related to undergraduate admissions
- Performs other related duties as assigned. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
Qualified candidates will hold a Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization plus 2 years of relevant professional experience, or, a Master’s degree or higher in a relevant area of study. Degree must be conferred by the start date of the position. Degree requirements may be substituted with an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Knowledge of trends and issues in higher education and experience working in an enrollment office
- Be highly flexible and able to work in a fast-paced, high-energy environment that emphasizes collaboration and measurable outcomes
- Individual also demonstrates excellent project management skills, the ability to transform ideas into solutions, and excellent attention to detail
- The successful candidate will demonstrate strong communication skills including oral presentation, written and interpersonal
- Experience evaluating admissions applications for admission in a selective university environment
- As a global university, the office is interested in candidates that possess language skills beyond English
- Working knowledge of SEVIS and F-1 visa regulations
Typical Hiring Range
$47500 - $57259 How is pay for new employees determined at GW?