The Office of Communications and Marketing at the GW School of Medicine and Health Sciences provides strategic expertise in communications and marketing for all departments, institutes, and other initiatives at the school. The team provides design, poster printing, duplication, and photography services and has dedicated staff in the areas of media relations, social media, publications, and web services.
We are seeking a Multimedia Coordinator. This position is essential for photography and production needs within the school and for SMHS’s clinical partners, faculty, students, and staff. The position is targeted for a professional photographer who is comfortable photographing patients while maintaining a high level of customer service. The position requires a proficiency in Photoshop and a knowledge of lenses/cameras and lighting equipment and it supports the school’s photographic needs for day-to-day activities, including those of the SMHS Development team and other departments across the school. Photos are also used in the SMHS publications, on the web, and for other marketing and development purposes.
This position assists with the planning, preparation, and production of routine multimedia or photography. The core responsibilities of this role are to coordinate the production of multimedia or photography in partnership with the team, to photograph assigned projects, and to execute basic editing per direction.
This position is critical for scheduling photo shoots, art directing for publications and the web, responds to client inquiries, and works closely with graphic designers, writers, and production managers across the University.
Additional duties include:
- Shoots and edits photos of events, student life, and special assignments for publications and web.
- Covers after-hours and weekend events.
- Large format poster printing to support the research efforts of SMHS.
- Consults with clients on designing their posters and ensures that they are properly branded
- Contributes to the visual strategy of all of the GW SMHS publications, GW Cancer Magazine, and Neurotransmitter.
- Implements ideas for publication – i.e. cover art for magazine.
- Serves as a main contributor of content strategy for the SMHS Instagram account.
- Contributes to the social media editorial calendar.
- Conducts regular research to ensure that our social media presence is resonating with our audiences based on feedback and analytics.
- Ensures that the Snapchat and Instagram instances represent the diversity of our community.
- Analyzes best practices in social media and tailors our approach to these best practices.
- Maintains relationships with SMHS leaders and students as subjects for social media content and other stories – is a main contributor to the “We Are GW SMHS Campaign.”
- Monitors and responds to comments/messages on social media sites.
- Keeps the photography vault organized and up-to-date.
- Ensures that all stakeholders from each event have access to the appropriate images for future use.
- Researches and provides regular recommendations on upgrades to equipment, including camera bodies and lighting equipment.
- Ensures that the equipment is in functioning order and up-to-date.
- Performs other related duties as assigned. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
Qualified candidates will hold a high school diploma/GED plus 3 years of relevant professional experience, or, a Bachelor’s degree or higher in a relevant area of study. Degree must be conferred by the start date of the position. Degree requirements may be substituted with an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Additional Required Licenses/Certifications/Posting Specific Minimum Qualifications:
Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
Typical Hiring Range
$21.16 - $27.53 How is pay for new employees determined at GW?