Assistant Director Center for Student Act
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The following examples are intended as illustrations only of the various types of duties assigned in positions allocated to this classification. The absence of specific statements of duties does not exclude those tasks from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment of the position.
- Coordinate the MSU Performing Arts Lyceum Series including brochure design, ticketing operations, advertising, and artist relations for day of shows.
- Oversee the implementation of the Colvard Student Union Art Gallery including the selection process, installation, and advertising of Gallery.
- Coordinate the Miss MSU pageant, a qualifying pageant for Miss Mississippi, as well as, overseeing the Miss Maroon and White pageant event.
- Coordinate the marketing plans to promote the Center for Student Activities and Office of Fraternity and Sorority Life events and accomplishments through promotional and publicity efforts, website information, social media, and print media.
- Coordinate and design the marketing plan to promote the Colvard Student Union and Event Services including website, social media, and print media.
- Assist in advising the Center for Student Activities Programming Board including the Student Association and Music Maker Productions programming needs and daily operations.
- Supervise a Graduate Assistant that will assist this area.
- Assist in the supporting functions of all student organizations through the Difference of One/Org Sync website and day to day traffic.
- Conduct assessment tools to determine student needs and interests and assess learning outcomes of programs presented by Center for Student Activities and Office of Fraternity and Sorority Life.
- Attend all Center for Student Activities-sponsored programs and meetings.
- Travel with student delegates to workshops and programs sponsored by professional associations and/or other institutions.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
Masters Degree and 1-3 years experience
Masters Degree and 3-5 years post graduate experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Marketing, advertising/publicity, student advising, event planning and concert promotions.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort:
Night and weekend work are expected.
Instructions for Applying:
All applicants must complete the online application and submit a cover letter, resume and list of 3 professional references.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ethnicity, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, disability status, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.