Assistant Research Scientist
7 days left
- Full Time
Caltech is a world-renowned science and engineering institute that marshals some of the world's brightest minds and most innovative tools to address fundamental scientific questions. We thrive on finding and cultivating talented people who are passionate about what they do. Join us and be a part of the diverse Caltech community.
Staff scientist will be responsible for creating and supervising projects, creating software, creating models of cell growth, interpreting the resulting data, and prepare relevant studies for publication.
Staff Scientist will be asked to build multiscale models of cell growth and cell division. In order to fulfill this duty, the selected candidate will need to be capable of writing software to simulate both of these models (growth and division). The simulations will then need to be built into 3D visualizations of the cell dynamics. Upon completion of a 3d visualization of the cell, the scientist will analyze the results and write manuscripts to be submitted for publication.
- BS plus strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Experience with PC ,Mac and Linux computers and software including Microsoft Office programs as well as 3D image reconstruction software programs including 3DMod, Amira and Chimera
- Knowledge and experience in general biological, microbiological and chemistry lab techniques
- Experience with molecular biology, cloning, protein purification, analytical methods such as EDX, and traditional electron microscopy
- Exceptional training and experience
- Prior laboratory work experience
- Experience with the image processing software programs described above, and traditional electron microscopy experience