Project Officer, ISLAND Project
- Full time, fixed term (12 month) position
- Based in Hobart
- Support the full range of operating activities across ISLAND
The Wicking Dementia Research and Education Centre (Wicking Dementia Centre) is at the forefront of translational research relevant to people with dementia. The Wicking Dementia Centre are leaders in multi-disciplinary research and delivery of specialist dementia education, focused on Care, Cause and Prevention.
Reporting to the Project Manager – ISLAND Study, you will be responsible for providing high level project management support for all aspects of the ISLAND (Island Study Linking Ageing and Neurodegenerative Disease) Project to ensure successful delivery of project outcomes.
- Provide a range of project management and support services including preparation of reports and other documents, coordinating resources, facilitating community events, evaluating project outcomes, maintaining project documentation and implementing project plans.
- Communicate with key stakeholders and coordinate community activities, working groups, committees and consultation to facilitate exchange of information and support project completion in line with project plans.
- Source, collate and compile data and information to identify emerging issues and track and report on project progress against established milestones and deliverables.
- Undertake research and analysis, identifying trends and preparing project briefs, to support informed decision making and planning.
- Work proactively and with flexibility to adapt and respond positively to changing demands and tasks, while prioritising workload to meet deadlines.
To be successful in the role, your application will need to demonstrate;
- Completion of a Diploma with at least two years work experience.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and deliver outputs within specified time frames.
- Highly developed oral, written and inter-personal skills, including the ability to communicate effectively with a diverse range of people.
- Demonstrated ability to work without direct supervision and as part of a team including well developed problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Capacity to interpret data, and analysis of information, to create and present clear and meaningful information to a range of stakeholders.
Appointment to this role will be at HEO 5 and will have a total remuneration package of up to $83,653 comprising base salary within the range of $65,996 to $76,395 plus 9.5% superannuation.
How to Apply
- To apply online, please provide your resume, cover letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role, and your responses to the position/selection criteria
- For further information about this position, please contact Helen Douglas, Project Manager, Helen.Douglas@utas.edu.au or 03 6226 6977.
- Please visit http://www.utas.edu.au/jobs/applying2 for our guide to applying and details on the recruitment process.
Applications close Friday, 21 June 2019, 11:55 pm
You must have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job.