Brief Description of PSU/School/Dept
Portland State’s 49-acre downtown campus is located in the heart of one of America’s most vibrant centers of culture, business and technology. We are recognized throughout the world for programs like Urban Planning, Social Work, and Environmental Studies that directly engage the community, and aim our students towards the creation of a better, more sustainable world.
Student Financial Services (SFS) is home to ID Services, Student Accounts, Cashier’s and the Financial Wellness Center. SFS is dedicated to helping the campus community understand, pay, and maintain their student account.
In accordance with the AAUP collective bargaining agreement this position is open only to current PSU AAUP academic professionals. Article 17 Section 11 refers: Click Here
Financial Coaches in the Financial Wellness Center at Portland State University help students to understand in detail their current financial circumstances, the true cost of their education, what they can expect and prepare for entering and exiting college, and how to maintain their financial wellness in between.
Bachelors degree and 1-3 years of related experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong emotional intelligence with the ability to interact and develop relationships with a broad range of individuals.
- Detail-oriented, with the ability to multitask and be flexibly in a dynamic, fast-paced environment using multiple databases and software.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision while collaboration with a team coaches
- Must exert a high level of professionalism and self-motivation.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills with experience in customer service.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
Key Cultural Competencies
- Creates an environment that acknowledges, encourages and celebrates differences.
- Functions and communicates effectively and respectfully within the context of varying beliefs, behaviors, orientations, identities and cultural backgrounds.
- Seeks opportunities to gain experience working and collaborating in diverse, multicultural, and inclusive settings with a willingness to change for continual improvement
- Adheres to all PSU’s policies including the policies on Prohibited Discrimination & Harassment and the Professional Standards of Conduct.
Contributes to a culture of environmental stewardship, practices resource conservation, and actively works toward achieving long-term sustainability goals.
Monday - Friday 8:30am - 5:30pm with some flexibility for occasional travel, evenings and weekends.
Total Compensation Range & Benefits Statement
The starting annual salary rate for this position will be between $45,624.
The starting salary may be negotiable above this range, however, it will be dependent upon the knowledge, experience, skills and abilities of the chosen candidate, the budget of the hiring department, and approval from HR. PSU’s excellent benefits package includes 95% premium paid healthcare; a generous retirement and vacation package; and reduced tuition rates for employee, spouse or dependent at any of the Oregon Public Universities