Director of Ticket Sales and Service
Under the direction of the Associate Athletic Director for Marketing & Sales, and working closely with the General Manager for the Viking Pavilion (GM), the Director for Ticket Sales & Service will oversee ticket operations for all events held at the Viking Pavilion at the Peter W. Stott Center. They will execute a sales outreach program for Portland State Athletic’s four ticketed sports. The Director will also work closely with the GM to coordinate ticketing needs for external clients hosting events in Viking Pavilion. Additionally, they will manage select off-campus events for Portland State Athletics and Portland State University.
The Director will be a service-oriented professional and manage the relationship with representatives of the University Tickets online ticketing platform. The candidate will have excellent communication skills, and collaborate frequently with a variety of university stakeholders and clients. The candidate will always exhibit a helpful attitude when dealing with patrons and work to generate revenue through a growth in ticket sales volume. The Director will be responsible for ensuring that all event reconciliation happens in a timely manner. The successful candidate will also be able to accept and respond positively to direction, and will be able to complete job duties and projects independently, on-time and with precision.
The Director should have a strong working knowledge and understanding of all NCAA rules and regulations regarding compliance issues, in addition to working with PSU’s Information and Technology department to ensure all PCI Compliance guidelines are met.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent relevant experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with ticketing systems and technology such as printers, scanners, and digital ticketing software.
- Ability to accomodate a flexible schedule, including evenings, weekend and holidays.
- High level of computer literacy, including experience using Excel spreadsheets to manipulate data.
- Must be able to work well independently and to manage, train and motivate others.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and documentation skills.
- Demonstrated experience with supervision of part-time employees (students included).
- Demonstrated competency in utilizing prescribed cash management controls.
- Ability to work with the public, and possess conflict resolution skills.
- Problem solving and strategic thinking skills.
- Ability to prioritize, identify critical issues and work towards results.
- Ability to work with multiple organization and vendors proactively and professionally.
- Experience working in college athletics and/or for a professional events arena.
- Master’s degree in Sports Management or closely related field.
- Experience using Banner or other university financial software for event reconciliation.
- Experience supervising and managing either/both full-time and part-time employees.
- Experience supervising student employees in a learning setting
- Working knowledge of NCAA and conference rules and regulations with a personal commitment to operate within those rules is required.
Key Cultural Competencies
- Create an environment that acknowledges, encourages, and celebrates differences.
- Function and communicate effectively and respectfully within the context of varying beliefs, behaviors, orientations, identities, and cultural backgrounds.
- Seek opportunities to gain experience working and collaborating in diverse, multicultural, and inclusive settings with a willingness to change for continual improvement.
- Adhere to all of PSU’s policies including the policies on Prohibited Discrimination & Harassment and the Professional Standards of Conduct.
Contributes to a culture of environmental stewardship, practices resource conservation, and actively works toward achieving long-term sustainability goals.
Total Compensation Range & Benefits Statement
The starting annual salary rate for this position will be $40,000 with an excellent benefits package including 95% premium paid healthcare; a generous retirement and vacation package; and reduced tuition rates for employee, spouse or dependant at any of the Oregon University System schools."