Director of Game Production and Fan Experience
Under the direction of the Associate Athletic Director for Marketing & Sales, the Director of Game Production & Fan Experience will provide oversight for the execution of the gameday experience for Portland State Athletics. They will guide the evolution of fan engagement, promotions and brand messaging at Vikings games and events with the goal of driving attendance and improving the gameday experience for all fans. In addition, they will lead a team of students in the production of online live stream video broadcast of Vikings games at various PSU Athletics facilities.
The Director will be responsible for all production elements for the Athletic Department including, but not limited to, Viking Pavilion sound, Daktronics videoboards, the control room and all associated audio visual equipment. They will serve as the key liaison and collaborate frequently with the Campus Audio Visual Event Team (CAVET) regarding equipment and event needs.
The candidate will have excellent communication skills, and collaborate frequently with a variety of university stakeholders and clients. The successful candidate will also be able to accept and respond positively to direction, and will be able to complete job duties and projects independently, on-time and with precision. The Director should have a working knowledge and understanding of all NCAA rules and regulations.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent relevant experience.
- Ability to accomodate a flexible schedule, including evenings, weekend and holidays.
- High level of audio visual equipment literacy.
- Must be able to work well independently and to manage, train and motivate others.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and documentation skills.
- Demonstrated experience with supervision of part-time employees (students included).
- Ability to work with the public, and possess conflict resolution skills.
- Problem solving and strategic thinking skills.
- Ability to prioritize, identify critical issues and work towards results.
- Ability to work with multiple organization and vendors proactively and professionally.
- Experience working in college athletics and/or for a professional events arena.
- Master’s degree in Sports Management or closely related field.
- Experience supervising and managing either/both full-time and part-time employees.
- Working knowledge of NCAA and conference rules and regulations with a personal commitment to operate within those rules is required.
Key Cultural Competencies
- Create an environment that acknowledges, encourages, and celebrates differences.
- Function and communicate effectively and respectfully within the context of varying beliefs, behaviors, orientations, identities, and cultural backgrounds.
- Seek opportunities to gain experience working and collaborating in diverse, multicultural, and inclusive settings with a willingness to change for continual improvement.
- Adhere to all of PSU’s policies including the policies on Prohibited Discrimination & Harassment and the Professional Standards of Conduct.
Contributes to a culture of environmental stewardship, practices resource conservation, and actively works toward achieving long-term sustainability goals.
Total Compensation Range & Benefits Statement
The starting annual salary rate for this position will be $40,000. The starting salary may be negotiable above this range, however it will be dependent upon the knowledge, experience, skills and abilities of the chosen candidate, the budget of the hiring department, and approval from HR. PSU’s excellent benefits package includes 95% premium paid healthcare; a generous retirement and vacation package; and reduced tuition rates for employee, spouse or dependent at any of the Oregon Public Universities