Financial Aid Officer
- Reviews financial statements and financial aid applications and verifies the accuracy of information in order to determine aid and loan eligibility and award funds according to Federal, State and University guidelines.
- Advises students and parents on debt management, credit worthiness and Federal, State and University guidelines regarding financial aid programs.
- Drafts and develops guidelines, procedures, newsletters and forms related to the processing and delivering of financial aid.
- Resolves problems, revises aid and informs students of their status in the aid processing cycle.
- Assists in the development of office policies and procedures.
- Conducts workshops, seminars, and information sessions for staff, students, parents and the public in order to explain financial aid and related matters.
- Interviews students in order to determine eligibility for short-term loans.
- Audits co-workers' paperwork in order to insure complete and accurate analyses.
- Provides staff support for the office.
- Expected to assist in the development and delivery of training materials for office staff and other relevant parties.
- Experience using standard Microsoft office desktop tools, such as Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint is expected.
- There will be some evening and weekend hours required in carrying out these duties.
Unit Specific Education/Experience/Skills
Knowledge equivalent to that which normally would be acquired by completing a four-year college degree program in Business Administration, Communications, Accounting, Liberal Arts or related field; three to five years of related and progressively more responsible or expansive work experience in financial aid and the ability to understand, apply and interpret the related Federal and State regulations, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Experience using standard Microsoft office desktop tools, such as Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint is expected.
Bidding eligibility ends on 6/4/2019 at 11:55 PM