Iowa State University is currently seeking an HR Partner to support the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences and Extension and Outreach. Reporting to the Sr. Hr Partner, these newly created positions will be helping Iowa State University implement a new HR service delivery model. ISU is embarking on a new way of delivering HR services with the implementation of Improved Service Delivery (ISD) and Workday as a cloud-based Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP). Polices are being revised and modernized, classification and compensation is being restructured. ISU is undergoing transformational changes and these positions will be instrumental in setting up the new service model for HR and ensuring the smooth transition of HR services with minimal disruption. Over time these roles will assist in evaluating customer feedback, service metrics, and ensure the overall strategy and design is continuously optimized to support the division.
Responsible for training, communicating, and executing HR strategies, policies and programs to supported area(s) as directed by the Senior HR Partner. Delivers HR services that address the unique needs of relevant area(s), ensuring alignment with overall HR strategies, and the vision of service delivery provided by the AVP of Human Resources Service and Strategy. Provides oversight for service delivery of direct reports, acts as a service escalation point, and business process approver as needed. Provides professional HR advisory services to managers, leaders, and employees in supported area(s) as it relates to workforce planning, recruitment, talent management, compensation, position classification, performance management, employee relations, employee engagement, employee rewards and recognition.
• Collaboration – you work effectively and constructively with others; shares time, energy and knowledge with others to ensure they can succeed.
• Relationship Building – you maintain and foster relationships within, across, and external to organizational boundaries.
• Inclusion – you demonstrate awareness and respect of cultural and individual values;
appreciate and leverage the strengths of others to accomplish goals.
• Problem Solving – you apply critical-thinking skills to solve problems by generating,
evaluating, and implementing positive solutions.
• HR Acumen – you demonstrate skills and knowledge relevant to the HR function, applying best practices in the discipline to accomplish their work.
• Organization Knowledge – you understands the vision, mission, and values of an organization in order to achieve success.
• Coaching/Developing Mindset – you share knowledge, skills and expertise in order to
encourage and reinforce individual and professional development.
• Effective Communicator – you provide regular, consistent, and meaningful information;
listening carefully to others and ensure messages are understood.
• Lead with Integrity – you instill mutual trust and confidence, create a culture that fosters
high standards of ethics, behave in a fair and ethical manner towards others.
• Strategic Thinker – you ability to develop a broad, big-picture view of the organization and its