Research Associate in Biochemistry
The newly-established Khalifa University of Science and Technology combines The Masdar Institute of Science and Technology, Khalifa University of Science, Technology and Research and The Petroleum Institute into one world-class, research-intensive institution, seamlessly integrating research and education to produce world leaders and critical thinkers in applied science and engineering. Khalifa University of Science and Technology endeavors to be a leader among research intensive universities of the 21st century, while catalyzing the growth of Abu Dhabi and the UAE’s rapidly developing knowledge economy.
- To provide high quality research support and undertake internationally competitive research aimed at publication thereby contributing to the academic and research mission of the Healthcare Engineering Innovation Centre and Khalifa University.
- Ability to present research plans and findings in a convincing style, both in oral and written modes of communication.
- Design drug delivery systems based on gold nanoparticles
- Evaluate the drug delivery systems in vitro.
- Regularly meets with the Advisor to apprise the Advisor of the research results, for the development and troubleshooting of techniques, to provide direction and focus to the research, to air concerns and conflicts, and to express mutual expectations;
- Assist PIs to publish research results in high impact journals appropriate to the field in a timely manner, may present findings at meetings;
- Contributes to the overall activities of the research team as required;
- Mentors graduate students and/or undergraduates under the supervision of the Advisor;
- Performs other similar or related duties as and when assigned by the Advisor.
- Master’s degree or equivalent in Biochemistry/Materials/Mechanical/Chemical/Biomedical Engineering, or a related field from an accredited institution, preferably, from pre-eminent institutions of higher education.
- Preferred in the area synthesis of novel compounds using basic chemistry
- Very good communication and interpersonal skills.
How To Apply
Note: You will be required to attach the following:
- Passport-size photograph
- Teaching and Research Statement
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team (RecruitmentTeam@ku.ac.ae)