Senior Infrastructure Analyst, Compute
Salary: From £33,199 per annum
This is a full time post of 37 hours per week
Closing Date: Friday 14 June 2019
Interview Date: Tuesday 09 July 2019
The University of Lincoln’s ICT Services department is seeking to appoint a Senior Infrastructure Analyst with experience and knowledge of working in a Compute & Storage focused role within an enterprise or HE environment.
As a Senior Infrastructure Analyst, you will establish highly available cloud and on-premise services, analyse and resolve problems, migrate services to the cloud, operating systems support, on-premise hardware support, maintaining business applications and perform security remediations. Ensure standards, methodologies and processes are adhered to, produce and perform DR and BC plans ensuring services are indeed resilient and secure.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate excellent communication skills engaging with stake holders at all levels of the University. You will also be expected to manage relationships between The University and other third parties such as suppliers and other Universities and business partners.
The candidate will perform Business as Usual support covering incidents, problems and requests, have solid problem-solving skills, professional demeanor, willingness to contribute at all levels, strong technical skills, ability to multi-task with excellent customer services skills
Essential skills and experience in performing the role:
- Microsoft server skills, included but not limited to; DNS, Windows server, DHCP, server networking, server administration, Active Directory,
- Scripting skills (Good PowerShell).
- Experience and knowledge of Storage infrastructures.
- Microsoft Hyper-V knowledge or VMware.
- Backup, High Availability and Disaster Recovery principles.
- Experience in the Microsoft Azure cloud platform.
- Experience of troubleshooting in virtual and converged environments.
Desirable skills and Experience in performing the role:
- Prior experience planning and executing hybrid cloud migration transition/ transformation projects.
- Cloud based backup solution experience is essential, ensuring the environment is operating to expected performance, capacity, disaster recovery and backup service levels.
- Other automation languages and solutions would be a plus