Senior Infrastructure Analyst, Networking
Salary: From £33,199 per annum
This is a full time post of 37 hours per week
Closing Date: Friday 14 June 2019
Interview Date: Wednesday 10 July 2019
The University of Lincoln’s ICT Services department is seeking to appoint a Senior Infrastructure Analyst with experience and knowledge of working in a Networking & Telephony focused role within an enterprise or HE environment.
The University of Lincoln operates a large Cisco campus network designed using principles taken from the Cisco Enterprise Campus architecture and a Cisco Unified Call Manager cluster.
To fulfil the requirements of the role you will have proven experience of administering large wired, wireless, data centre and voice networks.
The candidate will perform Business as Usual support covering incidents, problems and requests, have solid problem-solving skills, professional demeanor, willingness to contribute at all levels, strong technical skills, ability to multi-task with excellent customer services skills.
The post holder’s responsibilities will include contributing to and managing transformational projects, managing contracts with University partners, updating and producing clear and concise technical documentation and the day to day operation of the campus network, voice network and associated services in a third line capacity. As a grade 7 within ICT you will also be expected to be a major contributor to the future development of wider IT services not just limited to networking.
Essential skills and experience in performing the role:
- Enterprise Routing & Switching on IOS and NXOS or equivalent
- Enterprise Wireless – Wireless LAN controllers and wireless access points
- Enterprise Voice Systems – Dial plans, hunt and pickup groups, etc
- Security appliances – Next generation firewalls, IPS and VPN appliances
- WAN connectivity
- Monitoring Systems
- Load balancing appliances
Desirable skills and experience in performing the role:
- Voice Gateways – CUBE, SIP and analogue converters
- Authentication Systems –TACAS, RADIUS, 802.1x and MAB
- Cloud Networking – Microsoft Azure