Lecturer, Speech Pathology, Teaching Focused
- Integral role working at a world class establishment
- Part Time 0.5 or 2.5 days per week
- 3 year fixed term appointment based at the Melbourne (Bundoora) campus
- $93,632 - $110,897 per annum + up to 17% superannuation
The College of Science, Health and Engineering comprises 9 Schools and 16 Departments across La Trobe’s multi-campus operations. The College offers a range of general and specialist undergraduate and postgraduate courses that are rigorous and attuned to meeting the needs of students in ensuring their readiness to work in changing environments.
About the role
The School of Allied Health, Human Services and Sport comprises 4 departments that house 11 disciplines. This position sits within the Discipline of Speech Pathology in the Department of Speech Pathology, Audiology and Orthoptics.
An opportunity exists for a self-motivated academic to contribute to the development and delivery of the Bachelor of Applied Science and Master of Speech Pathology and Master of Speech Pathology, in the area of voice across the lifespan.
This position is advertised at 2.5 days per week however, there is opportunity to negotiate a smaller time fraction.
Skills and Experience
- A PhD in a relevant discipline or equivalent experience. In this case, preference will be given to high calibre applicants with experience in the voice area of practice, in line with the accreditation requirements of Speech Pathology Australia
- Demonstrated competence in teaching and curriculum development.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and productively with staff and students from a diverse range of backgrounds.
Please refer to the Position Description for other skills and experience required for this role.
Please click on this link for a full list of Benefits http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs/working/benefits
How to apply
Closing date: 11 pm Wednesday 26th June 2019
Position Enquiries: Dr Tanya Serry,
TEL: (03) 9479 1814
This position is open to people with a valid full-time working visa.
Please address the Key Selection Criteria in the Position Description and attach these with your application.
Please scroll down to apply.
La Trobe University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For further enquiries on how to apply for this role, please contact Justin Bolton, Recruitment Consultant on +61 3 9479 1073.
La Trobe is proud to be a member of the Science in Australia Gender Equity (SAGE) Athena SWAN program to advance gender equality in academia.
About La Trobe
La Trobe University's success is driven by people who are committed to making a difference. They are creative and highly motivated, pursue new ideas and create knowledge. La Trobe is among the top 50 universities in the world under the age of 50 (Times Higher Education Rankings 2016), one of Australia's research leaders, and the largest provider of higher education to regional Victoria. Our teaching and research address some of the most significant issues of our time and we're passionate about driving change to benefit the communities we serve.