Training Unit Logistics Manager
Brief Description of PSU/School/Dept
The Portland State University Child Welfare Partnership, located in Salem Oregon, is a collaboration among the School of Social Work and the Department of Human Services. It is one the first University-based programs to integrate Child Welfare research, training and education into a unified, coordinated effort to enhance outcomes for children and families.
Work site is at the PSU Salem Center.
The Child Welfare Partnership Logistics Manager is responsible for the planning, scheduling and coordination of training delivered through the Child Welfare Partnership. This position supervises the administrative support and desktop support staff and ensures the fiscal tasks within CWP training unit are monitored, tracked and reviewed appropriately and develops budgets and contracts as needed. This position is the liaison for addressing facility needs and or concerns.This position is part of a leadership team that informs, advises, and provides critical programmatic information to inform decision making. The Logistics Manager reports to the Director of Workforce Development.
Although the funding goes until 6/30/20, we are anticipating that the funding will be renewed beyond that date.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Demonstrated capacity to manage, organize, coordinate and track complex project or program objectives.
- 2 years of leadership and or supervisory experience.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Experience working with or developing budgets.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience working with Microsoft Office products including Word and Excel.
- Masters degree.
- Banner (Oracle) financial system.
- Experience supporting a team culture.
- Knowledge of information technology/desktop support.
- Experience supporting a training program.
Key Cultural Competencies
- Create an environment that acknowledges, encourages, and celebrates differences.
- Function and communicate effectively and respectfully within the context of varying beliefs, behaviors, orientations, identities, and cultural backgrounds.
- Seek opportunities to gain experience working and collaborating in diverse, multicultural, and inclusive settings with a willingness to change for continual improvement.
- Adhere to all of PSU’s policies including the policies on Prohibited Discrimination & Harassment and the Professional Standards of Conduct.
Contributes to a culture of environmental stewardship, practices resource conservation, and actively works toward achieving long-term sustainability goals.
Monday through Friday, 8am - 5pm
Total Compensation Range & Benefits Statement
The starting annual salary rate for this position will be between $64,400 and $78,100. The starting salary may be negotiable above this range, however it will be dependent upon the knowledge, experience, skills and abilities of the chosen candidate, the budget of the hiring department, and approval from HR. PSU’s excellent benefits package includes 95% premium paid healthcare; a generous retirement and vacation package; and reduced tuition rates for employee, spouse or dependent at any of the Oregon Public Universities