Medical & Administrative Support
3 days left
- Full Time
Temporary Employment Services (TES) places employees in departments that have temporary staffing needs. Assignment locations include the UCSD campus, UCSD Medical Center - Hillcrest & Thornton Hospital, VA San Diego Healthcare System, Scripps Institution of Oceanography, and a variety of UCSD satellite locations.
TES has current openings for applicants possessing patient support and medical billing skills. Responsibilities include: coordinating billing functions in accordance to various contract policies/procedures (HMO, PPO, Medicare, Champus, Medi-Cal, GHPP, CCS); provides correspondence, billing information, and/or details & edits generated by patients, insurance companies, or electronic billing systems; collecting payments from insurance companies; coordinate new patient appointments; process of scheduling requests that come via mail, e-mail, fax and telephone; obtaining all past and present medical history for all new patients; contact insurance companies to verify eligibility/benefits; knowledge of EPIC, Cadence, PCIS, ICD-9, HCPCS, IDX, and Aged Trial Balances (ATB). Other duties as assigned.
TES offers a variety of assignments, an excellent benefits package, as well as opportunities for skill enhancement and exposure to career opportunities at UCSD. Hours, salary, and locations vary by assignment. Typical positions pay $16.66 - $21.92 per hour. Most positions are full-time, Mon-Fri between 8:00 am and 5:00 pm, although part-time positions are sometimes available.
- Broad range of knowledge in ICD-9, CPT, HCPCS, and RVS coding and pricing, and fee schedule principles.
- Knowledge in self-pay collections, third party carrier billing guidelines, commercial insurance/contracts, HMO, PPO, Medicare, Medi-Cal, CHAMPUS-TRICARE, CMS, GHPP, and CCS billing.
- Must have experience and knowledge of using billing software and electronic health record systems.
- Advanced knowledge of patient scheduling.
- Knowledge of Insurance verification and authorization.
- Previous directly related experience in a large complex healthcare setting.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Medical terminology.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing and be able to articulate complex ideas for all levels of audiences.
A background check is required.