Assistant Director of Admissions, International Outreach and Recruitment
The University of Cincinnati serves the people of Ohio, the nation, and the world as a premier, public, urban research university dedicated to undergraduate, graduate, and professional education, experience-based learning, and research. We are committed to excellence and diversity in our students, faculty, staff, and all of our activities. We provide an inclusive environment where innovation and freedom of intellectual inquiry flourish. Through scholarship, service, partnerships, and leadership, we create opportunity, develop educated and engaged citizens, enhance the economy and enrich our University, city, state and global community.
The International Admissions Office is looking for an Assistant Director of Admissions, International Outreach & Recruitment with a focus towards international outreach and recruitment. This position will support the University’s mission and commitment to excellence and diversity in our students, faculty, staff and all other activities.
The selected candidate will join the UC International Admissions team of 11 full-time professionals dedicated to recruiting international students to attend the University of Cincinnati. UC International is the university-wide unit, within the Office of the Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs & Provost, for serving international students and scholars, education abroad students, as well as the development of the university's international strategic planning. The position will report directly to the Associate Director of International Admissions.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with the direction of an admissions office or center with primary responsibilities for day to day operations and administrative management in which decisions and quality of execution have significant impact on internal and external relations.
- Develop long-range plans and strategies to achieve unit, department and university goals for areas of responsibility, monitors and achievers established goals.
- Recommend, implement, and interpret internal rules, policies, procedures, controls, and manage processes to advance service levels; develop and implement responsive service programs.
- Attend meetings on behalf of the director; consults with director on major policy changes affecting other departments; authority to grant exceptions; may function as the Director in his/her absence, as required.
- Develop, implement and monitor assigned budgets; authority for function budget, revenue, and expense planning and approving expenditure; delegated signature authority for programs or functions within department or center.
- Assist with administrative leadership and supervision to exempt and non-exempt staff; hire, orient, train, mentor and evaluate assigned staff; monitor and coordinate staff development and training programs.
- Compile data required for internal and external reports and assessments; interpret and disseminate information, provide advice, assist in development of advising materials, deliver presentations, ensure that all programs and services comply with university, state and federal regulations.
- Maintain collaborative relationships with departments/units regarding advising efforts that enrich the student experience.
- Maintain and stay abreast of trends in student recruitment and retentions and academic programs requirements.
- Serve on various university, division and departmental committees, represent the department at various state and national associations.
- Ability to travel internationally 1-2 trips annually for up to 2 weeks per trip.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- Master's degree in related educational program, student affairs administration, counseling, or other related field with at least one (1) year of experience - OR- Bachelor's degree with three (3) year of experience; -OR- Associate's degree with five (5) years of experience; -OR- seven (7) years of experience; experience must be in a related field.
- Experience in Admissions, particularly international enrollment management
- Experience in managing an international agent recruitment network
- Experience managing culturally diverse staff
- Experience planning and executing marketing campaigns through multiple channels, including email, text message, and social media
- Cross-cultural understanding
- Fluency in English and proven ability to communicate in a second language
Additional Application Details
- Attach a cover letter
- Attach a list of 3 references on the application
The University of Cincinnati, as a multi-national and culturally diverse university, is committed to providing an inclusive, equitable and diverse place of learning and employment. As part of a complete job application you will be asked to include a Contribution to Diversity and Inclusion statement.
As a UC employee, and an employee of an Ohio public institution, if hired you will not contribute to the federal Social Security system, other than contributions to Medicare. Instead, UC employees have the option to contribute to a state retirement plan (OPERS, STRS) or an alternative retirement plan (ARP).
The University of Cincinnati is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer / M / F / Veteran / Disabled.