Associate Director Public Affairs
Classification: Senior Manager 1 (Administration)
Salary package: from $128,035 (inclusive of 17% superannuation) negotiable
Terms: Full time, Continuing
- Provide strategic leadership, supervision, direction and guidance to the multidisciplinary public affairs team;
- Advance community and stakeholder understanding of ANU through the management of engagement and related communications activities;
- Provide strategic and high quality advice and support to the University Executive, and senior staff within Colleges and Divisions on matters related to public affairs.
ANU Strategic Communications and Public Affairs (SCAPA) tell the ANU story. SCAPA contributes to achieving the University's strategic goals by shaping public opinion, fostering ANU engagement and critical relationships, harnessing pride within the institution, and showcasing ANU excellence.
The Associate Director provides effective leadership, supervision, direction and guidance to the multidisciplinary public affairs team and is responsible for proactive engagement with ANU stakeholders and the ANU community. The Associate Director also provides assistance and advice to the Director and ANU senior staff on strategic communications and issues management matters.
We are seeking a committed, creative thinker who can provide strategic leadership in a challenging and rewarding university environment.
For more information please contact, Jo Meehan,
T: (02) 6125 7899
Closing date: 16 June 2019
Position description: Associate Director Public Affairs
ANU values diversity and inclusion and is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to those of all backgrounds and identities. For more information about staff equity at ANU, visit https://services.anu.edu.au/human-resources/respect-inclusion
In order to apply for this role please make sure that you upload the following documents:
- A statement addressing the selection criteria.
- A current curriculum vitae (CV) which includes the names and contact details of at least three referees (preferably including a current or previous supervisor). If your CV does not include referees you can complete these online when prompted in the application form.
- Other documents, if required.
Applications which do not address the selection criteria may not be considered for the position.
Please note: The successful applicant must have rights to live and work in this country.