Lecturer, Computer Systems Engineering
- Make Significant Contributions to the Teaching & Research at RMIT
- Continuing Position, Opportunity to Make an Impact in the School
- Competitive Salary + 17% Superannuation + Additional University Holidays
As a Lecturer, you will make significant contributions to the teaching and research activities of the School of Engineering in the discipline of Electrical and Biomedical Engineering focusing on Computer Systems Engineering.
You will be responsible for preparing and delivering lectures, tutorials, practical classes and demonstrations using creative, flexible and stimulating course material for students undertaking undergraduate and postgraduate coursework programs. As well as teaching, you will be expected to undertake high quality research in the designated fields preferably in collaboration with industry, including supervision of project students and HDR students. As a key contributor, you will also pursue a program of professional development consistent with the strategic goals of the School.
Skills & Experience
You will have:
- A consistent track record of academic achievement in Computer Systems Engineering with expertise in one or more of the following fields: digital circuit and IC design, embedded systems (hardware and software) or computer architecture and organisation
- Experience in developing, preparing and delivering high quality curriculum and course materials at tertiary level for undergraduate and post-graduate programs
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills as well as the ability to work collaboratively and collegiately within a culturally diverse environment
- A PhD in Engineering or relevant field.
RMIT supports you with a range of financial and non-financial benefits. We recognise the diverse needs of our staff, so regardless of your situation, the range of staff benefits on offer provides something for everyone.
- Flexible working arrangements
- Be part of RMITs academic life and attend various events and workshops
- 2% salary increase each year and annual leave loading of 1.35%
- MYKI pass discount
- Additional University holidays
To find out more, please visit our website: RMIT Employee Benefits
RMIT is a global university of technology, design and enterprise. Our mission is to help shape the world through research, innovation, teaching and engagement, and to create transformative experiences for our students, getting them ready for life and work.
The School of Engineering at RMIT provides students with work-relevant education programs, access to excellent research facilities and opportunities to engage in creative real-world project work.
In the 2018 QS World University Rankings by Subject, RMIT is 11th in the world (highest ranked in Australia) in Art and Design, and 26th in the world (fourth highest in Australia) in Architecture and the Built Environment. We are also among the worlds top 100 universities in Engineering (Civil and Structural; Electrical and Electronic; and Mechanical, Mechanical, Aeronautical and Manufacturing); Accounting and Finance; and Business and Management Studies).
For a confidential discussion, please contact Elena Pirogova on +61 3 9925 3015, or view a position description visit yourcareer.rmit.edu.au and search using job reference number 571289.
Applications close on Monday 24th June 2019.
Applicants must separately address the key selection criteria as outlined in the Position Description.
This role will require satisfactory confirmation of a Working with Children Check.
RMIT is an equal opportunity employer committed to being a child safe organisation. We are dedicated to attracting, retaining and developing our people regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability and age. Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community and we strongly encourage applications from the Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander community.