Doctoral College Support Administrator
Application closing date 16/06/2019
Faculty / School or Service Doctoral College and Centre for Research Capability
Package As one of Coventry's biggest employers, we offer some pretty impressive benefits including an excellent pension scheme and generous holiday allowances.
Job category/type Research
Over the next decade the Doctoral College and Centre for Research Capability Development will have a pivotal role to play in advancing the quality of the University's research environment. This new unit will achieve this by delivering a seamless offer of high quality professional support for researchers, from PhDto Professor.
The College and Centre will add to and enhance the research infrastructure (research centres and research office), which was established in 2015 to support the University's ambitious research strategy and the objectives set out in the Corporate Plan through leadership, line management, use of influence, the motivation of others and personal actions.
The key areas of focus will be: leaned PGR administration,major innovations in structure, design and delivery of PGR training; quality enhancement of research supervision, best-in-class researcher capability development programmes to support REF2020; and development of an expanded portfolio of collaborative national and international doctoral programmes.
The College and Centre has three teams covering the following functions:
- Research Student Life cycle
- Collaborative Programmes and International Development
- Development and Training
The main duties include:
- Providing support the Research Student Life cycle team to ensure its smooth operation in activities including but not restricted to:
- Carrying out matching and merging of applicant/ postgraduate research student records;
- Assisting with the arrangement for postgraduate research student assessments
- Ensuring full and accurate records are kept and maintained
- Supporting the development and implementation of a new online workflow platform
- Providing support to Researcher Development Team in the effective and efficient planning and delivery of:
- events management, including room bookings, registration, and catering
- Preparing reports and evaluation data.
- Booking of travel, purchasing...
- Organisation of meetings
- Providing support to the Collaborative Programmes and International Development Team in
- the delivery of collaborative programmes with partners
- data base creation and maintenance
- recruiting and marketing from industry and international partners
- Assists in the development, testing and maintenance and improvement of relevant administrative processes, liaising with other stakeholders as necessary.
- Assists in the production of guidance notes and in the delivery of presentations,briefings, training sessions and workshops as required.
- Becomes an expert on specific University procedures and regulations, briefing other staff as required. Advises the Senior Registry Officer or Doctoral College Manager on any failure to comply with University procedures or regulations.
- Assists with the preparation and submission of documents, reports and/or returns to external agencies and government departments, as required
- Takes responsibility for managing and resolving enquiries from postgraduate research students, staff, external bodies and members of the public, both verbally and in writing, in a professional and timely manner and dealing with cross-functional enquiries in accordance with the Financial and Academic Regulations.
- Assists with the preparation of a variety of documents, including correspondence, memoranda, reports and other administrative papers, arrangement for printing,photocopying and collation of documents and general clerical duties.