Industry Solutions Manager
- Full-time, permanent opportunity, based in RMIT City campus
- Be responsible for the leadership and management of industry solutions, engagement and commercial training and education
- A key role in managing a team engaged in the development, over-sight and growth of short courses within the School
- Open to candidates with strong project management and excellent business acumen in implementing strategies to attract, develop & grow new business avenue for the School
- Closely knit team environment with the opportunity to work autonomously
- Report to the Associate Dean, Industry Engagement and Partnerships
- Leadership role with 5 professionals direct reports
- Opportunities open to HEW Level 9 (dependent on experience)
- Competitive salary packaging + 17% superannuation
As an experienced Industry Solutions Manager in the school of vocational design and social context, you will be responsible for the development and management of industry focussed projects, products and services aligned to the schools' discipline areas.
Coming into this position, you will possess strong leadership and management experience in commercial training and education. This includes designing, developing and implementing various strategies to engage, expand and advance new business connections for the School of Vocational Design and Social Context. You will work in partnership with various members across RMIT which includes the Associate Deans, College business relationships managers, Engagement Portfolio staff and VE Programs Managers to source suitable management and strategic services for new training opportunities.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Design and deliver competitive strategies to expand commercial, profile and government funded training activities, nationally and internationally
- Collaborate with College Business Relationship Managers and the school's Associate Deans to plan, guide and support key relationships with targeted industry partners as well as increase understanding of RMIT industry & short courses to internal and external stakeholders
- Establish, promote and deliver excellent training solutions, guidance and support to programs team to assist in developing new relationships with specific organisations
- Work together with the product innovation team in relation to product life cycle
- Act as a role model and oversee team of professional staff in industry solutions building capability and ensuring high-level of quality services delivered to school's campuses and service areas
- Project manage and implement change and service improvement initiatives
- Manage the schools short course offerings
Skills and Experience Required
- Bachelor degree or postgraduate qualifications with commensurate relevant working experience
- Excellent people management skills and expertise in securing and forging strategic collaborations within the Higher Education sector
- Strong organisational, planning and highly developed analytical skills to deal with complex situations
- Experience working Higher Education sector is highly regarded
- Proven ability and capability to put responses into context and delivering innovative solutions
- Possess excellent communications to build effective relationships across all levels of professional staff within the organisation as well as wider RMIT's network
Our people make everything at the University possible. We encourage new approaches to work and learning, stimulating change to drive positive impact. RMIT exists to create transformative experiences for our students, getting them ready for life and work. You will be a part of a productive and collaborative team, who values working relationships and outcomes through open and inclusive planning, continuous information sharing and transparent work practices.
RMIT is a multi-sector university of technology, design and enterprise with more than 91,000 students and 11,000 staff globally. RMIT offers postgraduate, undergraduate, vocational education and online programs to provide students with a variety of work-relevant pathways.
School of Vocational Design and Social Context delivers a range of educational programs from certificate to Associate Degree and industry training.
The School consists of three Industry Clusters:
- Media, Art and Communication (including Visual Arts, Media, Writing and Photography)
- Design and Technology (including Building Design, Industrial Design, Graphic Design, Fashion Design, Fashion & Textile Technology, Fashion Merchandising, Visual Merchandising and Interior Design)
- Social Futures (including Social Care, Translating & Interpreting, Tertiary preparatory education and teacher education preparation)
The School comprises over 200 staff, including core teaching and professional staff and is home to nearly 6,000 students.
- Flexible working arrangements
- Be part of RMIT's academic life and attend various events and workshops
- Access to RMIT staff gym (including free Yoga and Pilates classes)
- 2% salary increase each year and annual leave loading of 1.35%
- MYKI pass discount
- Additional annual leave
To find out more, please visit our website: RMIT Employee Benefits
For further information, please contact Tony Graham, Associate Dean, Social Futures at 03 9925 4411 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close on Sunday 16th June 2019.
Applicants are requested to upload an updated resume and a cover letter of not more than two pages highlighting the suitability for this position and your achievements. Applicants are requested to separately address the key selection criteria as outlined in the Position Description.
This role will require satisfactory confirmation of a Working with Children Check.
RMIT is an equal opportunity employer committed to be a child safe organisation. We are dedicated to attracting, retaining and developing our people regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability and age. Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community and we strongly encourage applications from the Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander community.
RMIT was named as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality (EOCGE) from the Workplace Gender Equality Agency (WGEA) in 2018 based on significant progress made in 2017, and Gold Employer status in the Australian Workplace Equality Index (AWEI) in recognition of our commitment to celebrating the diverse genders, sexes and sexualities.