Lecturer/Senior Lecturer in Engineering Management
6 days left
- Full Time
- Salary Package: Lecturer B from $103,914 to $122,947 or Level C from $126,879 to $145,912 per annum, plus 17% employer's superannuation and annual leave loading
- Appointment Type: Full-time, fixed term for 2 years
- Macquarie University (North Ryde) location
We are looking for passionate Engineering Managers with a track record of delivering engineering projects, managing teams and a passion for teaching the next generation. The successful applicant will be expected to develop, teach and convene units at a postgraduate and undergraduate level, while also supervising undergraduate thesis projects and Higher Degree Research students.
The School of Engineering programs feature a continuous set of professional engineering units that define the student experience. They start with building student’s understanding of the engineering profession and how to work effectively in teams - concluding in their final year where they consider the broad contextual constraints that engineer projects must accommodate. Postgraduate study dives deeper into contracts, procurement, quality systems and project implementation. Refer to the Engineers Australia Competency Standard table 3, 2.3 and 2.4 for more detailed information.
The School of Engineering sits within the Faculty of Science and Engineering and is a diverse community of academics and engineers that are building a vibrant culture of discovery, exploration and impact. Our teachers and researchers are talented and knowledgeable engineers and form teams of innovators and creators with a passion for teaching and a strong desire to make an impact in research. The School currently has approximately 40 engineering academics and 70 research students, and an ever-growing cohort of undergraduate and postgraduate coursework students. We currently teach across Mechanical, Mechatronic, Electronics, Electrical, Telecommunications and Software Engineering with new programs in Civil and Engineering Management planned for 2020.
In Macquarie's Faculty of Science and Engineering you'll join passionate researchers and educators blazing new trails in the spirit of discovery and exploration. Encouraged to think boldly, and supported by some of Australia's most outstanding facilities, brilliant minds converge in our faculty to create incredible new possibilities: the world's first attempt to synthesize complex life, the creation of Wi-Fi, the discovery of dancing dwarf galaxies, and the development of blue LED light. Inspired by challenge and opportunity, we look forward to welcoming you as we imagine a new future together.
Macquarie is a university engaged with the real and often complex problems and opportunities that define our lives. Since our foundation 55 years ago, we have aspired to be a different type of university. Over the years, we’ve grown to become the centre of a vibrant local and global community. Connect with us today.
About the Role
The successful candidates will have significant experience in engineering project management and will be able to demonstrate success in developing junior engineering talent or professional development training in the workplace. There will be potential across other teaching streams of the School and contribute to the administration, outreach and promotion of the School of Engineering, Faculty of Science and Engineering and the broader University.
To be considered for this position, candidates must attach to their application a separate document responding to the selection criteria below with their curriculum vitae.
- 10+ year’s experience in engineering project management covering at least 2 of the following:
- Project planning and management
- Product research and development
- Quality and reliability
- Demonstrated commitment and success in delivering high quality and innovative teaching at undergraduate and postgraduate levels OR professional development training
- A demonstrated track record of building teams and coaching junior engineering talent
- An understanding of scholarly teaching with alternative / flexible learning modes
- Demonstrated ability to attract industry support and collaboration
- High level of oral and written communication skills in English
- Proven ability to interact effectively with students, staff, industry and the community
- A Masters in Business Administration or Engineering Management
- Chartered status with Engineers Australia or relevant industry body
- Relevant certification, for example: PMBOK, PRINCE2, Six Sigma, etc.
Level of appointment will be subject to qualifications and experience.
Role Specific Enquiries: If you have any queries regarding these positions, please contact Prof. Darren Bagnall, Dean of School of Engineering at firstname.lastname@example.org or +61 2 9850 9071.
General Enquiries: Anne Kumanan, HR Officer at email@example.com
Applications Close: Sunday 23rd June 2019 at 11:55 pm AEST
Macquarie University is committed to Equity, Diversity and Inclusion. We value individual difference and recognise the strength of a vibrant, diverse and inclusive workforce where the backgrounds, perspectives and experiences of our staff are a driving force for collaboration, innovation and impact.
We work to ensure genuine equality of opportunity for people regardless of their gender, age, cultural background, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and/or family status, and we encourage you to apply for a position at Macquarie University.
More searches like this
- Fixed Term Business & Management Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in North Ryde
- Fixed Term Engineering & Technology Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in North Ryde
- Fixed Term Business & Economics Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in North Ryde
- Fixed Term General Engineering Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in North Ryde