Director of Player Development
Stanford’s Department of Athletics, Physical Education and Recreation:
Stanford’s Department of Athletics, Physical Education and Recreation (“DAPER”) is the premier intercollegiate athletic program in the country. We are the proud Home of Champions! We lead the nation with 122 NCAA championship titles, completed an unpresented sweep of both the men’s and women’s Capital One Cups, and brought home the Learfield Director’s Cup for 24 straight years. We support nearly 900 student-athletes who compete on 36 intercollegiate athletics teams and also support the university’s physical education, recreation and wellness initiatives. Our dedicated staff embody a culture of excellence, embrace our mission of scholar-athleticism and exemplify a relentless championship spirit. Our actions and staff are guided by the core tenets of the Athletics Department culture, “The DAPER Way”, which are: Embrace Scholar-Athleticism, Pursue and Revere Excellence, Lead with Courage, and Work Cohesively.
Are you ready to inspire champions? If yes, then this may be the right opportunity for you!
The Stanford University Department of Athletics, Physical Education and Recreation is currently accepting applications for the position of Director of Player Development with the Men’s Basketball program. The Director of Player Development will serve to assist the coaching staff in all video, recruiting and other office duties. The video responsibilities will entail coordination of all video aspects of the program for scouting and recruiting. Responsibilities include, but not limited to; coordination of film for scouting, knowledge of Synergy software, capturing all video to the server and coordinate the filming of practice and games. Recruiting responsibilities require great organizational skills in managing a recruiting database, generating innovative mail-outs for social media content, assisting assistant coaching in the office with their recruiting and scouting assignments.
- Coordinate all scouting video
- Manage video server and capturing of all games for scouting
- Assist assistant coaches with material for scouting assignments
- Coordinate filming of practice and games on the road and at home
- Organize video clips from recruiting list
- Generate recruiting highlights and clip tapes
- Manage and update recruiting database
- Assistant Recruiting Coordinator
- Generate innovative content for social media distribution
- Assist in obtaining transcripts
- Assist w/ planning & execution of official visits
- Assist with camp
- Put together season long Playbook
- Daily meeting notes
- Facilities contact within athletic department
- Technical support for office
To be successful in this role, you will bring:
- Bachelor’s degree and two years of relevant experience or combination of education and relative experience.
- Master’s degree and two years of experience working in a Division I athletic department is strongly preferred.
- Comprehensive understanding of NCAA regulations with regard to recruiting and academic support and eligibility.
- Ability to work with SportsTec video software, I Movie and Final Cut software.
- Ability to work in fast paced office with multiple deadlines and competing interests
This position, along with all DAPER coaches and staff, is responsible for the integrity of Stanford’s intercollegiate athletics program and for the reputation of Stanford University. This position is responsible for insuring that his/her involvement with Athletic Department activities maintains the integrity of the University’s reputation and does not negatively impact the relationship between the University and its faculty, staff, students and alumni. Additionally, this position must comply with University policies and procedures, NCAA and PAC-12 rules and regulations.
Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
Why Stanford is for you:
Stanford University has revolutionized the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission is our diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff. We seek talent driven to impact the future of our legacy. Our culture and unique perks empower you with:
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Climb our rock wall, or choose from hundreds of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts and more!
Job Code: 4221
Employee Status: Fixed-Term