Senior Research Coordinator
The University of Pennsylvania, the largest private employer in Philadelphia, is a world-renowned leader in education, research, and innovation. This historic, Ivy League school consistently ranks among the top 10 universities in the annual U.S. News & World Report survey. Penn has 12 highly-regarded schools that provide opportunities for undergraduate, graduate and continuing education, all influenced by Penn’s distinctive interdisciplinary approach to scholarship and learning.
Penn offers a unique working environment within the city of Philadelphia. The University is situated on a beautiful urban campus, with easy access to a range of educational, cultural, and recreational activities. With its historical significance and landmarks, lively cultural offerings, and wide variety of atmospheres, Philadelphia is the perfect place to call home for work and play.
The University offers a competitive benefits package that includes excellent healthcare and tuition benefits for employees and their families, generous retirement benefits, a wide variety of professional development opportunities, supportive work and family benefits, a wealth of health and wellness programs and resources, and much more.
The University of Pennsylvania School of Nursing is dedicated to changing the world through leadership in the science and practice of nursing since 1886. We were the first to offer an Ivy League nursing education for all three professional nursing degrees – baccalaureate, master’s and doctoral. The research we conduct defines the course of healthcare practice around the globe. Our students learn from the foremost leaders in nursing science. We offer a unique work environment for our employees who are inspired to be part of an organization that ‘Cares to Change the World’. Join us to become part of a vibrant community of outstanding scholars, highly talented staff and the best and the brightest students. http://www.nursing.upenn.edu/
Under the general direction of the Project Manager, Research Coordinator will plan, organize, and conduct all activities and systems necessary to ensure the timely and accurate performance and reporting necessary for implementation of the iCare4Me project. The primary function of this position is to engage with eligible caregivers and patients to enroll them in the iCare4Me study and coordinate activities to collect baseline, 3, 6, 9 and 12-month follow-up surveys with enrolled participants.
We are seeking a part-time Research Assistant (RA) to participate in a study, ‘Improving Self-Care of Heart Failure (HF) Caregivers’ funded by the National Institute of Health (NIH) initiative under the auspices of the University of Pennsylvania School of Nursing. The study is a randomized controlled trial testing an intervention designed to provide support to informal caregivers of HF patients that will help them maintain their health and reduce risks of illness associated with the stress of being a caregiver.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing, Psychology, Public Health or related field with 3 – 5 years experience and/or equivalent combination of education and experience with acquired knowledge of research or experimental techniques. Master’s Degree preferred.
- Ability to work independently, accurately and to solve technical and methodological issues that arise during the course of the research.
- Must be flexible, resourceful, and well organized.
- The ability to establish rapport with adult HF patients and their caregivers.
- Must be energetic with strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- The ability to work under time pressure.
- Proficiency with technology and software programs used for word processing, spreadsheets and data entry.
- Experience with REDCap.
- Flexible Work Schedule: The position requires work during day, evening, and weekend hours. These data collection sessions will be held in diverse settings to accommodate the caregiver’s availability.
- Access to a car: A driver’s license and access to a car for transportation to research sites is preferred.
Affirmative Action Statement
Penn adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.
Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.