Personnel Projects Coordinator
Department Office of the Provost
Criminal Background Check Standard Background Check
Motor Vehicle Background Check No
Restricted Position? No, is eligible for layoff or severance benefits.
Job Category Classified Staff
Job Type Full-Time
Location Fairfax, VA
Pay Band Payband 4
Salary Commensurate with education and experience.
George Mason University’s Office of the Provost is seeking an enthusiastic, customer-focused, and detail-oriented Personnel Project Coordinator to be part of the Provost Personnel Team. Candidates should demonstrate professionalism, initiative, and a willingness to learn. Mason has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Mason’s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
The Personnel Project Coordinator is responsible for providing high-quality support to the Personnel Project Manager relating to the management of academic resource issues. This position entails a full range of personnel support responsibilities including, but not limited to:
- Maintaining personnel data in the Banner HR system and various other databases and software systems;
- Preparing confidential personnel documents and files;
- Organizing and maintaining various filing systems (electronic and corporeal)
- Providing support for the recruitment and hiring for all classification of employees through the university’s recruitment system;
- Cross-train responsibilities to ensure effective office continuity at all times;
- Perform routine office management as needed;
- Various ad hoc projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Experience working in a fast-paced office setting;
- Detailed-oriented with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, understanding the need to maintain confidentiality;
- Experience communicating and interacting with constituents at diverse levels of an organization;
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment; and
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Previous experience as support staff in a senior level management office setting;
- Experience with university systems – Banner, xTender Imaging software, Microstrategy; and
- Experience in a higher education setting.
Special Instructions to Applicants
For full consideration, applicants must apply at https://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report “Up and Coming” spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Mason’s diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.
Campus Safety Information
Mason’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available at http://police.gmu.edu/annual-security-report/