Perform routine manual work in cleaning, servicing, and stocking supplies in Duke University buildings.
- Clean and service assigned areas in University buildings and maintain sufficient stock and supplies for the proper performance of these duties.
- Sweep, mop, buff and spray buff floors and vacuum rugs and carpets in assigned area as needed.
- Clean rest rooms, offices, and replenish supplies.Wash windows, walls and other assigned areas.
- Pick up trash, empty garbage containers, and remove all trash to area for disposal.
- Sanitize all trash containers as necessary to meet Health Department requirements.
- Maintain a running log of all calls received and all baggage placed in storage room.
- Pack, unpack and assist in receiving, issuing and transporting materials; report needed items for reorder.
- Aid in transferring various items between departments and throughout the University.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
- The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this classification.
This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of personnel so classified.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
Duke Entity HEALTH SYSTEM
Job Family Level 02
Full Time / Part Time PART TIME
Regular / Temporary Regular
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:
Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department
Work requires the ability to understand and follow instructions generally acquired through a partial high school education.
None required.OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE Ability to perform physical tasks, including mopping, vacuuming, etc.is also required.