Perform general carpentry work in the construction, renovation and repair of Medical Center buildings, additions, and fixtures; install, repair and finish drywall.
- Essential duties and responsibilities include the following.
- Other duties may be assigned and a more comprehensive task list may be provided.
- Perform general carpentry work in the construction, renovation and repair of Medical Center buildings, additions, and fixtures to include floors, roofs, stairways,partitions, doors, windows,and screens from blueprints, sketches, and verbal instructions;install, repair and finish drywall.Interpret blueprints, plans, sketches and diagrams to properly complete assigned projects.
- Operate woodworking equipment and machines to saw, plane, drill and mortise lumber for doors,cabinets, shelves, molding and related items; estimate the amount of required materials and supplies needed for projects; select type of lumber and materials needed.Inspect work to ensure compliance the applicable codes and procedures;perform any rework or modifications as necessary.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
- The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this classification.
- This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of personnel so classified.
Job Code 186 CARPENTER
Requisition Number 401528096
Duke Entity MEDICAL CENTER
Job Family Level 05
Full Time / Part Time FULL TIME
Regular / Temporary Regular
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex,sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation,creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:
Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Work requires 2 years of experience in construction carpentry to acquire knowledge of the methods and techniques of the carpentry trade.