Medical Assistant, Certified-Ob/gyn, North Duke Street Durham
North Duke Street Durham OBGYN
North Duke Street Durham OB/GYN
Perform routine administrative and patient care supportive duties in a Health System medical practice to assist medical staff in the examination and treatment of patients and ensure the office runs smoothly.
- Perform intake with patients to include vital signs, visit information, and other clinical information as indicated.
- Administer medications to patients as ordered by providers or by established protocols following the six rights of medication administration.
- Assist providers with in-office procedures.
- Perform point-of-care testing per established protocols.
- Clean and sterilize instruments.
- Float in clinic to cover patient and provider needs as delegated by nurse manager, health center administrator, charge nurse, or nurse team lead.
- Clean and stock rooms.
- Maintain clinical environment to meet JCAHO and OSHA regulations.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of GYN procedures.
- Excellent computer skills
- Excellent customer service skills.
Graduation from a medical assistant program accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP) or the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES). High school or GED graduation required
Previous experience in OB/GYN or Primary Care setting preferred.
Certification or registration required through AAMA or AMT (AAMA preferred).
- Must be able to work under time pressures in a busy clinic/office environment.
- Must be present on site for 9 hour shifts during standard business hours.
- Must participate in group activities requiring interpersonal skills & cooperation.
- Must work as late person when scheduled or according to business needs
- Must be able to react quickly and immediately respond to emergencies.
- Must travel between locations on needed basis.
- Must be able to handle multiple assignments, conflicting demands & priorities.
- Must maintain attention to detail over extended period of time.
- Must be continually aware of variations in changing situations.
- Must be able to move throughout office environment throughout day.
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs.
- Must be able to stand/walk for the majority of an 8 hour shift.
- Must be able to push/pull 25 lbs.
- Must be able to carry 25 lbs.
- Must be able to reach for objects by extending arms.
Job Code 4261 MEDICAL ASSISTANT, CERTIFIED
Requisition Number 401601673
Duke Entity PRIVATE DIAGNOSTIC CLINICS
Job Family Level C1
Full Time / Part Time FULL TIME
Regular / Temporary Regular
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Level I -- Graduation from accredited Medical Assistant program strongly preferred. High school or GED graduation required. Level II -- Graduation from a medical assistant program accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP) or the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES) strongly preferred. High school or GED graduation required. Level III -- Graduation from a medical assistant program accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP) or the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES) strongly preferred. High school or GED graduation required.
Level I -- No experience required. Level II -- Must have at least 1 year of clinical experience as a Medical Assistant in a clinical setting. Level III -- Must have at least 3 years of clinical experience as a Medical Assistant in a clinical setting. Note: 1 year of experience will be provided for an Associate degree in Medical Assisting. General Ladder Statement: In addition to the education and experience noted, applicants must meet all requirements set forth in the Medical Assistant, Certified (CMA/RMA) Ladder Program document for Levels II and III.
Auto req ID